Age of Conan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Conan

So the main reason for my absence of late is a foray into Age of Conan (and revitalization of Eve but that's another story).

I had really been looking forward to AoC as the cartoony WoW world never really satisfied my urge to virtually slaughter hordes of enemies. AoC purported to have all the things I really want out of an MMORPG: outstanding graphics, a brand new action oriented combat system, strong PVP tilt, massive world, deep well written storyline, and of course...boobies.

Well, AoC does have all of these parts and more. And they are done well. Granted, if you don't have SLI/Crossfire and preferably 4GBs of RAM you are not going to have an enjoyable time with this game. Even a couple months after launch they still have not found all of the memory leaks... But if you have the hardware and an affinity for rpgs, the game rocks...until you hit the 50s.

I realized in the 50s that that there is a severe lack of content in the higher lvls. Almost an instant change from too many quests to keep track of, to grindfest maximus. It seems (as is often the case), that the game was pushed out the door before it was finished. Which is understandable. I mean, the amount of content in WoW and EQ took many years, patches and expansions to develop. In order to compete with WoW, AoC had to have a major scope. And it does, the game is freaking huge and the early stages are incredibly polished but, they ran out of time and thus published a game with an empty endgame.

I imagine that AoC will grow and that the developers will fill in the blank spaces as time goes on. And in the future it can fill it's niche as a more savage, adult type competitor to other RPGs. Unfortunately, it's not really there yet. The lack of end-game is quite glaring and the boredom sets in fairly fast in the upper lvls.

All in all, great potential but not quite there yet. My account is frozen. So back to UT it is! =D
Working...
X