Alphabet City Brewing - E'Ville Brown Ale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphabet City Brewing - E'Ville Brown Ale

I was in Manhattan this week on business and the group went to Charlie Palmer Steak for dinner. This is one of those places that has some of the best steak you can buy, expertly, prepared, expensive as hell, and is GREAT as long as someone else is paying the tab! Awesome steak!

I like to try local beer wherever I go and spotted Ommegang Rare Vos on the drink menu and ordered it. The waiter came back and apologized saying they had run out. He said they had just tapped a keg of Alphabet City E'Ville Brown Ale and asked if I would take a pint of that "on the house" because they had run out of my choice. Free beer??.....Hell yes!

OMG......This stuff was amazing. Rich brown color with a tan head that never did flatten out. The flavor was incredible with Chocolate and caramel malts balanced with more hop than you would expect. It THE best Brown Ale I've ever tasted and maybe one of the best BEERS I've ever had. If this was in stores I would clean them out! Unfortunately the brewery is very small and only brews for their own restaurant and a few NYC restaurants. Will have to wait for my next trip to NYC to look for it again.
    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!
Working...
X