No announcement yet.

Campgrounds Map...jumping ledge issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campgrounds Map...jumping ledge issue.

Ok Im wondering if everyone has the same problem. Whenever im on top of the bridge facing the ledge where the LG weapon pops up in Deathmatch, I try to side strafe jump but fall before i land on the ledge. I remember always being able to jump there in other servers. Can you guys reach the ledge or do you fall too?

I can reach it, but remember we run the 2k3Style mutator.
    Keep your forward movement key pressed as you wall dodge over there. You have to hit the correct spot on the wall too though.

Comment

I used to do it that way but can't really dodge as well from the right side as I can from the left side...I normally just face down and directly behind me and shield jump which gives greater distance than trying to shield jump while moving forward.
      I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Ok gonna test it min....yeah foo ive been having to shield jump myself thats why i asked.

Comment

Re: DM-Camogrounds2004-GE

Good points on the ledge wall jump. I used to shield/goo jump (using the wall) across there back in the day.

On another point, does anyone ever get stuck on the JP wall when JPing from the JP in the DDamage pickup area, where the lava flows under the grating? I was (am) constantly getting stuck at several different places on the wall there. Easy to get off but quite annoying.

Remember that your Character has an invisible collision shaped like a cylinder and flat on top and bottom, that surrounds you. Some Characters have a larger diameter, some smaller. That's why you can go past any ledge and not fall off. Or never be able to get real close to a wall. (You can test this by getting as close to a wall as you can and then F4 your view. You can't touch the wall). Remember this when you start your jump. You can usually go a little past where you think you need to before executing the jump.

Campgrounds is a good map. Very well constructed.
          "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

Oh so before i reach the wall when im jumping towards it, I simply strafe off the wall?....i thought i had to touch the wall before strafing off. Never knew my body doesnt actually touch the wall...interesting. i will test that too.

Comment

Originally posted by DesTineD View Post
              Oh so before i reach the wall when im jumping towards it, I simply strafe off the wall?....i thought i had to touch the wall before strafing off. Never knew my body doesnt actually touch the wall...interesting. i will test that too.
              When you test it out just F4 your view and move above the character as you bump the wall. If you are aiming a weapon then it may even go into the wall. And even a protruding part of your body like your elbow. But you can't bump into the wall.

Try this Des. In Campgrounds go to the ledge, F4 your view, move your view to the top of your character. Your character should be looking down. Now very slowly move your way to the edge. You'll find that you can stand on empty air or at least almost before you fall. You'll have the same 'collision cushion' when you land also.

FYI- The typical character collision is 64 UT units in diameter and 96 units tall. Since there are 16 UT units per foot that means that you have an invisible ring around you that is 4 foot in diameter and you are about 6 foot tall. Short and fat. Like Foo.

Comment

yeah, the collision box is another reason you may think you're just barely peaking your head around a corner, but in actuality, your whole character is visible...lol

Comment

Ok ill test it tonight...i'll pay you guys a visit. Ah ahhhh no wonder everytime i peek around the corners, foo always sees me. Im here thinking only my head is peeking lol

Comment

By the way BullyBob....I never see you in the server. Do people here know you by a specific name tag? What i mean is if you use a differ3nt tag when you play....i n3ver saw a bullybob playing....

Comment

By the way BullyBob....I never see you in the server. Do people here know you by a specific name tag? What i mean is if you use a differ3nt tag when you play....i n3ver saw a bullybob playing....
                      You've called me out Des.

I'm embarrased. I've just returned after a quite lengthy absence. And no I haven't been playing...yet. I was quite a noobie a few years back and Freak and I used to play around 4 in the morning every day. He was trying to teach me how to do this but if you know Freak he just could't help himself and would blast me every chance he got. I did learn but not to my satisfaction. There is one thing that I cannot stand and that is to be an albatross to my team. So I started practicing on my own and shortly before I left I was playing fair. The last I could remember Freak used to cuss me terribly because I was starting to learn the timing of his Rocket shots and dodge away before I was hit. Didn't always work but I was getting better.

I've just finished two months of mapping and have a few to go but I will promise you as I did Freak that I will return to the fight soon. I have a lot going on now and will need to beat up a few brick walls before I get into a ring with you trick-shots. You'll see me before too long. Then you can kill me all you want. Now I'm going to cry and watch last night's Tivo'ed episode of Game of Thrones.

Later Des

Comment

Yo bullybob...nah man dont worry...i just thought they knew you by another name thats all. I get confused by all the guys who are in the clan...some of them has different names. Even in my job im bad with names....kinda embarrasing when people realize you have a memory problem lol....like i can meet a new person and ask for their name...then 10 minutes later i cant remember their names....very annoying.

Comment

Yo bullybob...nah man dont worry...i just thought they knew you by another name thats all. I get confused by all the guys who are in the clan...some of them has different names. Even in my job im bad with names....kinda embarrasing when people realize you have a memory problem lol....like i can meet a new person and ask for their name...then 10 minutes later i cant remember their names....very annoying.
                          I'm the same way Des. Can't remember a name but I remember a face for always.

BTW-Your character is 64 x 96 so the collision is a little larger. I don't know how much. A larger character is easier to hit. Gorge is the largest one although when I played General he was easy to hit when my aim was correct because he used a custom character. The Mars Attacks character is probably harder to hit but I haven't tested this.

Here are a couple of console commands that might help:

FreeCamera 1

SetCameraDist 5

In that order. (with a space before the numbers). And 5 is a variable that you can change. The larger the number the farther away you are.

Comment

hint...force models to enemy and choose Gorge

Comment

Foo, i cant find where to force those changes in the server settings or i have to do it in my ini?

Comment

Working...
                              X