Follow us on Steam Follow us on FB Follow us on Twitter Subscribe on Youtube

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sp@ceMonkey's Moving Combo Tips + Video!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sp@ceMonkey's Moving Combo Tips + Video!

**EDIT** I created a new topic for this so it wouldn't get lost for future reference. ~Minion

To perfect combos go to instant action
    get the utcomp mutator, and run it.

In warm up mode with that mutator, you get 999 ammo of shock.

Next, type GOD in console....in game. (thats for practicing air combos with out dying over and over)

A good map to start is grendel keep.

Type KILLBOTS in the console to get rid of all the bots. You want to be alone...

Do elevator jumps, as you are going up, before the peak of your jump, shoot that secondary shock ball so you don't land on top of it and combo your self.....aim that ball at items, like health packs....take off from random directions, and aim for same spots. Best first one to master is the Grendel keep elevator jump combo on the LG pick up. Just aim at items. Once you master that you are ready for moving targets. Aim ahead of the direction the balls is going, and wait for the ball to come in to the aimer it self.

That is the basic way to start learning.

There is a lot harder combos, but don't worry about all that crap for now. I suggest just using this technique, and try every type of combo you could ever do in game.

I remember I ran out the 999 ammo twice a day for a month, (takes about a half hour a day, good to do right before you play to warm up) and I mastered it just about totally, all the combos. Fruit snack suggested this idea along time ago. He got it from a guy named battledragon I believe.

It sounds crazy aiming at items. It works for me. I mastered moving combos, all of em with in a couple of months using this technique.

Oh yeah, here is a demonstration on video. This only shows the basics. Not trying to show off, I did have some double combos, and shoot ball, 360 spin wall dodge in to combos for fun, i did not include all the crazy crap. Might discourage people. Focus on the basics. The shock ball moves in a complete straight line, it's completely predictable like it was a console gamer coming to PC moving so consistently it makes you laugh. Master what the vid shows, and the rest comes very easily.

[media]http://www.graysharbormusic.com/Movies/combodemo.avi[/media]

MAKE SURE TO PLAY IT FULL SCREEN TO SEE THE CONSOLE COMMANDS.
    If you want to watch a newbie middle aged drone flier crash a lot....
    John Jones Drones on youtube. No sound yet.....LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT...4aMgNBFZK2NF4A

Originally posted by HTM|YellowDog
    Monk's a good teacher too.... he'll show you some ways to practice moving combos
    I full on agree with that statement.

Comment

That's funny as that's exactly what I do to practice, right down to the map as Grendel is a great hitscan trainer. I was doing like a thousand combos everyday, or thereabouts as its 5 ammo for everyone you hit so I would just go thru 4-5 999 "clips" worth in warmup mode.

After I got good at hitting basic combos like those I would throw shock cores in random directions in a big part of the map and hit them in sequence to get my reflex aim up to snuff.

I wasn't satisfied until I wicked sick'ed a godlike bot everyday lol.

I would add to above that you should make sure that "enhanced netcode" is off as you don't need it for local games.
      Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
      sigpic

Comment

There I moved my video link to the previous post for ease of finding it.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to put that together, Monk.
          sigpic

WHY RENT WHEN YOU CAN OWN! - HTM~UnH!nged, 2008

Comment

pretty cool
            Something Clever Goes Here

Comment

new topic + sticky?

Comment

No prob. I got this vid capture stuff down now. It's kind of fun. Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by travisHAZE
                  new topic + sticky?
                  Indeed!

Comment

minions on the ball!

go skippy! go skippy! go skippy!

thanks big-man!

Comment

Yay! It's stickied so that when I get back to the real world with high speeds I can watch it

Comment

Working...
                      X