Team Captains added to Sanctuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Captains added to Sanctuary

I have added another mutator to Sanctuary (if this one blows we'll remove it too) in the hopes of balancing the teams a little better. This mod is made by our old friend "Proasm" who gave us UT2Vote and other cool mods.

This is the basic description provided with the mod:

__________________________________________________ _________________
    Team Captains
    for
    UnrealTournament 2004

Team Captains allows players to to choose their own Team if they are selected to be a Team Captain.
    At game end, either the 2 players with the highest score or a random team player from each team will be selected as the 2 Team Captains.
    Each Captain will now be given a turn to select a player for his/her Team.
    On the next level, the Teams will be as they were chosen.
    There are however several options to make the game more interesting.

Menu Access

The "Team Captain" menu is bound to your Numpad- (minus) key by default but can be changed to whatever the user pleases in the Menu by selecting the KeyBind button.

To bring up the TeamCaptains Menu if necessary, bring down the console and type: Mutate TeamCaptains
    __________________________________________________ _______________

I have this set to be two "random" team members as captains just so we don't have two really good players hog all the fun. This will also help balance teams when players join late an ummm... seem to pick the wrong team. This feature will only come into play with 4 or more players and it will appear between the end of the game and the map voting for the next match.

As always let me know what you think and we'll either keep it or ditch it...

Each Captain will now be given a turn to select a player for his/her Team.

FSDFSDFSDGdvs

Comment

Pulled this already, it chose 2 afk players as captains.....

Comment

lol
        In Memory of Anna Dixon
        Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
            Pulled this already, it chose 2 afk players as captains.....
            Dammit... They would have been perfect partners for Lunch...

Comment

I may give it a second whirl using the top 2 scoring players, at least you know they would be present.

**EDIT** I added this back configured as stated above.

So... if you are one of the 2 top scoring players please don't leave until you chose a team.

Comment

That means my fAvorite player will usually be a captain,hope he likes playing alone.
                sigpic

Comment

As I said before, if it sucks I'll pull it again, I just think we need more team control that the base game offers.

UT3 has "titan teamfix" that does a nice job of making teams even, but I haven't found a 2k4 version yet.

**EDIT**

Now installed as a votable mutator, it is currently turned off, but can be voted in when we want it.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Assraker View Post
                    Dammit... They would have been perfect partners for Lunch...
                    B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

Don't like at all,map vote is there then disappears then comes back.Being at the bottom of the totem pole sucks too,in the right mood just as soon not play.IMO
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I say ditch it. On a side note, seeing how a certain person like to kill people with the impact hammer, I'm running a mut on my LMS that shows & speaks taunts when you die that way. Might be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Assraker
                          Yeah, I say ditch it. On a side note, seeing how a certain person like to kill people with the impact hammer, I'm running a mut on my LMS that shows & speaks taunts when you die that way. Might be interesting.
                          Being killed by impact is on the same level as being goo'd.
                          sigpic

Comment

Please don't hate my goo gun,ty.
                            In Memory of Anna Dixon
                            Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Working...
                            X