Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more ammo....

...please?

I know we have been running the sanc with this amount of ammo for an eon now, but is there anyone besides me that feels we could use a bit more ammo? Especially when there's 4v4 and up.

How about a bit more flak and rocks and and some hitscan ammo? What do you guys think?

You're not the first to mention this. I'm game for what ever the majority wants, but here's my theory.

Sanctuary is a 14 man server, so at it's maximum capacity you will have 7 opponents. Here is the amount of ammo available:

bioAmmoCount=5
    shockAmmoCount=20
    linkAmmoCount=100
    miniAmmoCount=75
    flakAmmoCount=12
    rocketAmmoCount=12
    lightningAmmoCount=10

So to kill 7 players you have 30 total ammo between lightning and shock, 12 flak, 12 rockets not to mention the link and mini....

How much more do you need? I personally think this creates an atmosphere that rewards good aim and discourages spam.

It's up to you guys....

Comment

Being 1 that is constantly running out of ammo I'm still not sure on the more ammo,may change the game flow.
      sigpic

Comment

Have to agree with Minion,less ammo has made me have to pick up my game.
        In Memory of Anna Dixon
        Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Negative.
          Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
          sigpic

Comment

ok, its me then. I must be too spammy or mis too danm much. I need that 30 ammo just to kill 2 guys....sometimes.

Comment

I too run out of ammo at times, but seeing how I'm usually the first guy to die on my team it's not real often.

Comment

ok. I've found something that might help me....

One of the problems with running out of ammo is it gets frustrating when i try to switch weapons in the middle of a fight only to find out that i don't have that weapon anymore. It usually leaves me in that deer in the headlights state and almost certainly means i'm about to die.

So, i'll use pipe switched weapons for my favorite bind keys. That way, if i do run out of ammo, at least another weapon will pop up when i hit that key.

Here's how it works:

key=pipedswitchweapon x|pipedswitchweapon y

Where x and y are numbers from 0 to 9, and correspond to your weapons

The piped switch bind will switch to whichever of the two weapons (x and y) you have, and if you have both, it will go to the one you have listed first. If you have both, you can press the button again to switch to the second one.

Comment

Good idea, I have all my weapons pipeswitched, I only get a "no ammo available" message if I try to switch to an empty one.

I never thought about what would happen without using this setup...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Yeah,been using pipes for quite a while now.Can't hardly play without them.
                      In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Pipes lol wut. Do you Bash your keyboard with a led pipe or something to change your weapon? I use the mouse wheel and buttons on my mouse to switch that's all. And the keypad since Its easy enough

Comment

Originally posted by Moo
                          Pipes lol wut. Do you Bash your keyboard with a led pipe or something to change your weapon? I use the mouse wheel and buttons on my mouse to switch that's all. And the keypad since Its easy enough
                          you're missing the point mooster

Comment

I have all my weapons bound to my mouse buttons,when ammo runs out it switches to the other weapon on the button.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moo

Yeah,Moo,and believe me,I spend a small fortune on keyboards.
                              In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Working...
                              X