No announcement yet.

more ammo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's because they don't do enough damage to kill in one shot, well the goo does. So what? All i'm saying is give the goo gun enough ammo for ONE shot, meaning if it hits you get ONE kill. That's it, then your out of ammo. You misunderstood me when i said "i want it back the way it was" , well i use the bio so infrequently that i never even noticed that it had full ammo. ONE shot, ONE kill, I don't think that is unreasonable.
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~ZenEye
      ONE shot, ONE kill, I don't think that is unreasonable.
      Did you even read my post? What part of OVERPOWERED didn't you understand? It's an unbalanced weapon that can be easily abused, I'd remove the weapon entirely if I could.

You were busy playing UT3 while some of us were spending more time respawning than playing for a while. I left the game on MANY occasions because of this bullshit and I'll stand by my decision to lower the ammo until the day my walker keeps me from reaching the keyboard..

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
        the day my walker keeps me from reaching the keyboard..
        You know they have keyboards on walkers now, right?

Comment

What. Ever. I don't even use the damn thing so you do what you want lol. I just thought the present amount of ammo was a bit silly is all.

Don't worry Min, ill make you a custom lazy boy recliner with LCD and KB/Mouse on swing arms oooh even betterer a craftmatic deluxe with KVM on swing arms.
          Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
          sigpic

Comment

Well to be honest 5 bio ammo was to make a point since SOMEONE can't seem to take a hint (or 10). The only other option was a ban and I'm really not a ban happy kind of admin. I'm a pretty laid back guy, but when someone takes the fun out of the game for me (and quite a few others) I did what was needed to rectify the situation.

Now.. do we need to make any other adjustments?

Comment

Didn't mean to add fire to an ammo war with my post of ideas for potential changes.

Zan was right on my issue with mini and link. They drive me nuts but Ive begun to use the mini as a finisher and it works great. I just didn't see the need for enough ammo to kill me without another weapon when I'm at full health. Same goes for the link, but at least the mini you can block with a sheild.

As far as my idea for increasing the goo ammo, it was just to comprimise the idea of reducing link and mini.

I agree with Minion here, the goo gun has way to much power in its original tam ammo spec.

Honestly if I wanted to change anything besides mini/link it would be to add a couple rockets and flak for the guys that don't use hit scan as much.
              B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

I don't think the bio is overpowered.. to get the shot one kill you need to be able to use the gun good and have direct hit and it's not easy to do it, the bio is hard to aim making it not as powerful. it's like saying the shock rifle is over powered because of the shock combo or hitscan. In ways all the guns are over powered if you use them correctly if you think about it.

I use the bio alot when i play and i used alot of the bio on 1vs1 because it can change the game around. Making the gun useless with no ammo really bites the big one and makes the game alot less playable for me and possibly others. At the rate everything is going we will have many shield guns wars because we will have no ammo left for any gun.

Comment

i think the goo gun is quite overpowered... but i agree with minus- its pretty hard to aim and get a good hit and all weapons are overpowered in some way if you use them correctly (shieldgun). i wouldnt mind a little more hitscan ammo though... but i also agree with previous posts, it does force me to aim better.

On bad days though (today), it gets so frustrating because i use up all my ammo and am an easy kill because all i have is a shield gun and my assault rifle- which is quite UNDERpowered.

Sooooo, More Hitscan a little more flak and rockets, a little less mini!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minus
                    I don't think the bio is overpowered.. to get the shot one kill you need to be able to use the gun good and have direct hit and it's not easy to do it, the bio is hard to aim making it not as powerful.
                    Not true, if you'll read this thread you'll see why the change was made. It take very little skill to camp around corners and get back to back bio kills.

...it's like saying the shock rifle is over powered because of the shock combo or hitscan. In ways all the guns are over powered if you use them correctly if you think about it.
                    Q) How many of these guns besides the bio rifle can take a full health player down with one shot?

A) None

At the rate everything is going we will have many shield guns wars because we will have no ammo left for any gun.
                    What exactly does "At the rate everything is going" mean? I only changed one weapon's ammo and that's the bio, and now the world is coming to an end?

I play every night and I've yet to see a single round end in a shield gun war.

*edit* I made some ammo tweaks, but I'm not changing the bio just yet.

Comment

Actually,quite a few HTM members were quite good with the goo gun (hard to aim?I think not!),but we had a member,as mentioned before,that would camp with it,then hit you from behind.Got quite annoying.Personally,I loved the goo gun,and would quite often start my round with it,but I also got annoyed at the tactics of some.

If I were to change anything,it would be to shorten the camper time,although,that would hurt those who happened just to be AFK.Anyways,I'm sure that if everyone had a say,then you'd see all kinds of weapons tweaked for each persons desires.(Hmmmm,unlimited lg rounds!Hint Hint!!!!)!
                      In Memory of Anna Dixon
                      Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

We are all on an equal playing field as far as ammo goes so nothing except the goo was was really a problem.I find it simple,run out of ammo and die then wait for rez,then you have the advantage.lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freak
                          We are all on an equal playing field as far as ammo goes so nothing except the goo was was really a problem.I find it simple,run out of ammo and die then wait for rez,then you have the advantage.lol

AMEN BROTHER!!!
                          In Memory of Anna Dixon
                          Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Hi HTM. Hawkette here. Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I have a new love of killing people with a big blob of goop straight to their face. And then I went on sanctuary....5 little goop ammo I just started getting into this team style of play and am use to other servers loading us up with an ass load of ammo. It does tend to make us spam more I guess. Minion does have a good point, the less ammo will eventually make us better, hopefully makes me better. The key to winning on sanctuary with lots of people.....wait a while and have everyone else use up they're ammo on the other team then swoop in and finish them off with yours!! Woot!

Heh....Love playing with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkette
                              The key to winning on sanctuary with lots of people.....wait a while and have everyone else use up they're ammo on the other team then swoop in and finish them off with yours!! Woot!
                              Welcome to the forum Hawkette!

That BTW is a good strategy, I'd use it more if I wasn't so damn impatient.

Comment

Working...
                              X