The New and Improved Sanctuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HTM|Assraker
    Your true ping (most accurate) is seen as checked through the command line.
    Can someone post what the command line is? And is the line to be input into the console?
    sigpic

Comment

Start/run enter "cmd" and hit enter. You should now be looking at a dos window, enter "tracert 72.249.10.45" and it will run a trace route to the present Sanctuary server, then repeat with 72.249.10.39 and it will run the same on the antitcc server.

**EDIT**

I added UTVote59, the new antitcc and Team Captains to the existing server at Sanctuary and the ping (for me anyway) remained the same. I played a game with Lagger and all felt smooth on my end. Check it out and see what you think...

Comment

Thank you Minion. My numbers look about the same as Freak's. So if you average those out, should that be the average ping you get in Sanctuary? I am not sure how the numbers work to determine your ping since they start out very low then get higher. Is it the highest number?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Phoenix
          Thank you Minion. My numbers look about the same as Freak's. So if you average those out, should that be the average ping you get in Sanctuary? I am not sure how the numbers work to determine your ping since they start out very low then get higher. Is it the highest number?
          You are looking at your connection going from where you are to the server and every "hop" or connection it makes along the way. The final row that displays the server's IP address is your "total connection time" in milliseconds. We use this "trace route" function to identify any "hop" that may be taking excessive time to pass through.

These look fine to me, as I stated in my edit above I added the new stuff to the old sanctuary and I didn't see a ping increase. See if Sanctuary pings about the same for you.

Comment

That makes sense, thank you Minion. I played a few games in Sanctuary today, shows my ping between 64-72 I've seen it max out at 80. When running the trace rt, it shows 54ms. No complaints here. I've only had a few issues of ammo not coming out of weapons or people "teleporting" to a different spot magically, but I have yet to see that since you redid Sanctuary.
            sigpic

Comment

Use the ping command to get the total time in ms to an IP address. Open command prompt and type:

"ping 72.249.10.39" for experimental

"ping 72.249.10.45" for Sanctuary

Tracert is for troubleshooting the route you take, if you just want total ping times, run ping.

I just ran it 3-4 times and was averaging 50's to Experimental and Sanctuary, which is good.

*EDIT: Experimental server in-game pings w/ 1 bot = 56-76, slight PL (just a quick blip). Not too bad from PA to TX.
              Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
              sigpic

Comment

Actually,Min,I was getting a slightly lower ping the other day with antitcc,than I was after you restarted the server without it.
                In Memory of Anna Dixon
                Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Using Zen's method I have 35 to exp & 43 to sanc.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ping should represent the lowest time in ms that you can get to the server, that number will go up whilst in game. Ping is just easier to get a quick number than tracert.
                    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
                    sigpic

Comment

Have my normal ping,again.Seems to be running very smooth,you da man!
                      In Memory of Anna Dixon
                      Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Seems smooth to me too.

By the way I have Team Captains set to "Automatic".. I know some people were freaking out because they had no control over the choices when they were team captains. I thought this would be faster than waiting for a "new guy" to figure out how to use the mod.It seems to work pretty well, and it also shakes hands with UTVote 59 and keeps the map menu down until team selection is over.

Comment

Auto pick caps really isn't that good do to players that join late in the map.We had some real lopsided games because of that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good point, I'll set it back to manual.

Comment

umm, is the invisibility turned back on permanently, or is it just for testing purposes?

was playing a bot today who went invis 2 times on me heh
                              -----

ScRiPt3r aka W@RpY aka WTF\ever aka Fl@cWh0r3 aka Player174a.c2 aka Fr33_Adr3n aka ...

oh hell..

just call me Ale.E.Ass3r!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~W@RpY
                                umm, is the invisibility turned back on permanently, or is it just for testing purposes?

I looked at this and invis was still turned off, it may be that the bot can circumvent the 3spn settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X