X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok dokies

thx minion

-----

ScRiPt3r aka W@RpY aka WTF\ever aka Fl@cWh0r3 aka Player174a.c2 aka Fr33_Adr3n aka ...

oh hell..

just call me Ale.E.Ass3r!

Comment

My ping is more consistent and lower on the .39 address than it is to the .45.

So .39 seems better

Traceroute shows I stay all on timewarner network gear all the way to Dallas

Comment

The .39 server was turned off on 8/3, so I'm not sure how accurate the ping times are to it any longer.

The .45 server seems to be working well with antitcc, so I shut down the experimental server.

Comment

What would it take to get a copy of that black list to put on my clans UT servers. I have just installed AntiTCC again after a few years of dumping the older versions.

[SM]Head Administrator----- http://www.slackersmotivated.com

Comment

Welcome to H-Town Negative, I'll be more than glad to share the blacklist. Expect a PM shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by [SM]NEGATIVE-0
              What would it take to get a copy of that black list to put on my clans UT servers. I have just installed AntiTCC again after a few years of dumping the older versions.
              Minion will fix you up.

Myself and a few other well known and trusted GSP owners/admins created that list long ago. It is reasonably up to date, but still may miss some things. Some of what is in it is hard coded to be checked in AntiTCC, some things are not. The list is a great "catch all" for some naming conjectures. Be aware it will also catch files that are legit, and have nothing to do with cheats due to the wild card checks. It is best to verify a catch using a search on the net, or to ask another admin, before banning someone (which should be done manually IMHO). Setting things to "auto-ban" can ban players who have custom content such as skins, voice packs, ect., which will discourage them from coming back if it happens.

If you see a legit file that is continually logged, add the legit files which were logged to the server. Then AntiTCC will recognize the files (it compares to what is on the server) and a log with a false positive should not be created. It thinks that if the files are on the server and client, they are legit, hence not logged. Any questions, feel free to ask us.

The list will catch the majority of what is out there that inexperienced players try.

Comment

Ah... much thanks guys. I appreciate it very much. I am in a endless effort to keep UT2004 alive as long as, "WE" the United UT community can.

[SM]Head Administrator----- http://www.slackersmotivated.com

Comment

Working...
                X