X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT, settings, display, rendering.....
    Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

bro i cant get into the game to make those changes....i get the error message.

Comment

Humm....now that is different that what I have seen. Most can still get to the settings and do not crash until they try to join. Will have to research it.
        Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

let me restart my pc bback ill try again....

Comment

According to what Khan posted in chat they went back to Win 7.

Comment

This will solve your UT and windows 10 issue.
              After downloading and installing it, launch the UT2004-64. Close the game.

Go into the games SYSTEM directory and make a copy of the ut2004.ini. Locate the new ut2004.ini and rename it to something else. Rename the ut2004.ini to ut2004-win64.ini

Now launch the ut2004-win64.exe. This will transfer all your UT2004 settings over to the 64bit executable.

Rename the copy you made of UT2004.ini to whatever the UT2004-64

There isn't an installer, this is a zipped file, so open it and drag it into your UT2004 directory.
              http://www.fileplanet.com/157400/dow...4-Patch-v3369-[64-Bit-Windows]-

Comment

I reverted back to Windows 8.1....all good now thanks all.

Comment

Need some help and/or advice on Windows 10. I upgraded approx 2-3 weeks ago and ever since I upgraded, my PC will start to boot up, and then before it completes the bootup, my computer completely shuts off. when I try to power it up again, it works just fine. This happens every single time I try to boot Windows 10. The first time I attempt to boot, before it gets to the Desktop, the PC completely shuts down. The second time I try to power on the PC, it boots up just fine.

I cannot imagine it is a hardware issue like memory (Ram) or any other hardware as most of my hardware components are new. I did some research and cannot seem to find the answer as to why this is happening. I cannot imagine this being good for my PC as far as it shutting down each time I try to turn it on, then on the second attempt it works fine. I do not think that it shutting down the first time I try to turn on my PC could be good for it each and every time.

Does anyone have a possible solution or any idea what could be causing this? I cannot seem to find an answer on the internet.

Thanks for any help and or advice.
                  sigpic

Comment

Try disabling fast startup in the power options.

1.) Type CONTROL PANEL in the search box at the bottom of your screen and select it.
                    2.) Go to "Power Options" and get to System Settings by clicking "Choose what the power button does" on the left.
                    3.) Click where it says "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
                    4.) Un-Check where it says "Turn on fast startup"
                    5.) Save changes and back out. You may have to restart

Others have had the same problem and this seems to fix it. It won't slow down the boot process that much especially if you are running an SSD.
                    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Perfecto! Thank you Blues - since I followed your suggestion, PC boots just fine the first time! Thank you Blues!
                      sigpic

Comment

Microsoft is aware of random power offs during different stages of use. Their problem is, there is no actual crash so no dump files to sift through to see what's causing it. Mine was doing that, but then I found I have a bad $350 power supply. 10 year warranty through EVGA, so I'll end up with a brand new one.

However, running another machine, I'd get the random power off and found that Microsoft is using drivers in windows 10 from as far back as 2006.

I use a program called Driver Booster that actually installs all the latest drivers. Since then, no problem. It looked like a Chipset driver issue, but Intel doesn't show anything for windows 10. AsRock does, but even that driver is older than what Driver Booster installs.

It even downloads and installs the latest .Net patches and DirectX software too.

Comment

This link can be handy http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-...einstall-them/

Comment

Guess I'm stuck with 7, 10 will not download on my machine. My updates are on and all else updates,win 10 just gives me a wait screen then it disappears. Tried the MS website and it is the same.
                            sigpic

Comment

I decided to wait for Windows 11.

Comment

I hate Windows 10...I miss XP..I had way more control over accessibility;ty and privacy controls
                                I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X