Porter vs Stout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter vs Stout

Non, you knew I would weigh in on this with some actual facts rather than the Wikirubbish you were quoting earlier tonight.

The history of Porters and Stouts. Enjoy.

http://allaboutbeer.com/whats-the-di...ter-and-stout/
    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Oh no he di-int! LOL

It's all about the strength of the Porter. A very strong porter is a Stout, and stouts are usually very dark to a lighter more mild porter. Every Stout is a porter, as it starts the with the same process. Guinness for everyone!

Comment

A strong Porter is not always a Stout. There are Baltic Porters that are much stronger than most stouts. Some are upwards of 12% ABV!!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/style/80/

Comment

I guess by strong, I meant flavor and color. Usually a very dark and strong flavored porter is considered a Stout, rather than the alcohol content.

Comment

I tried Cony Island Hard Root Beer. Pretty good at 5.8%.

Comment

These days most Porters are mixed with sugar or flavours...dno why but yeh, but there are some nice ones!

For my understanding the Stouts been the working class Beers to keep them hard working dudes on the feet with rich in kalories but low on alcohol Beers. Therefor the Porters been stronger.

Comment

Porters and Stouts are brewed in the same way and some of the breweries brew both at the same time (in the same vats), the main difference with a stout is a greater amount of roasted barley. If you didn't have a chance to read the first post in this thread it's a pretty good explanation of the history of both.

Comment

did read it, good article. the meanings differ a lil when it comes to the definition of porter vs. stout ^^ but hey, its Beer!

Comment

Working...
                X