Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GardenOfStone LEGO

Hey all!

I have created a lego version of garden of stone for your enjoyment.

This is a BETA and is only intended to test the gameplay. Lighting is temporary in order to see around the place for now. I've not placed the textures either.

- Very clean, simplified layout
    - No unnecessary clutter to get snagged on anymore
    - More spacious to allow for comfortable dodging
    - More jump pads that improve the way you are able to flow between areas you normally could not
    - Other tweaks and additions

If you test it on the server, please have it on HTM Sanctuary. I can't get into the private server.

You can download it from my DropBox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu6ntc7udu...oBETA.ut2?dl=0

Comment

Not working, don't know if it's win 10 or something missing in file. It shows in map folder but doesn't show up in instant action.
      sigpic

Comment

Freak, go to your UT2004/System folder and open ucc.log (could be UT2004.log too). Search the log file for the map name. It should tell you why it can't load the map (missing package etc).

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
          Freak, go to your UT2004/System folder and open ucc.log (could be UT2004.log too). Search the log file for the map name. It should tell you why it can't load the map (missing package etc).

Progress: Exporting DM-1on1-GardenOfStone-LegoBETA...
          Warning: Failed to load 'ymme_ArchitectureTex': Can't find file for package 'ymme_ArchitectureTex'
          Warning: Failed to load 'DM-1on1-GardenOfStone-LegoBETA': Can't find file for package 'ymme_ArchitectureTex'
          Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary DM-1on1-GardenOfStone-LegoBETA.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'ymme_ArchitectureTex'
          Warning: Error loading DM-1on1-GardenOfStone-LegoBETA !

Looks like texture package is missing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freak
            Looks like texture package is missing.
            Could be more missing packages as well, it will only list the first missing package. After that package is added it will list the next one if there are additional. This/these package(s) should have been added to the .UT2 file. It makes no sense to have to push multiple files on the server these days just to load a map.

Comment

Okay thanks for the heads up. I know those missing textures. My mistake. I'll be back with the new link. Fixing it right now.

Comment

This is the texture package.
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vz2qodi3a...reTex.utx?dl=0

Let me know if that fixes it.

I'm working on textures and lighting today.

I think your people would love my newest map too. It was made to be used with MultiDodge v2.
                You can run up and down the striped walls.
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/qios3j23g5...g-Red.zip?dl=0

Comment

Same with file in my texture folder.
                  Progress: Exporting DM-1on1-GardenOfStone-LegoBETA...
                  Warning: Failed to load 'ymme_HardwareTex': Can't find file for package 'ymme_HardwareTex'
                  Warning: Failed to load 'DM-1on1-GardenOfStone-LegoBETA': Can't find file for package 'ymme_HardwareTex'
                  Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary DM-1on1-GardenOfStone-LegoBETA.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'ymme_HardwareTex'
                  Warning: Error loading DM-1on1-GardenOfStone-LegoBETA !

You loaded Architectural tex and it's looking for hardware tex. Tried renaming it and is still the same. I'm done.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the pain in the ass.
                    This will work.
                    It's now textured but I still have to do the lighting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pheogwmz3p...oBETA.zip?dl=0

Comment

whos massacre? never seen him?

Comment

I come around HTM sanctuary sometimes. I've given them maps before. You and me were in there last friday.

Comment

ahhh I think i remember...ok

Comment

Oh dear lord. Please don't use the name Gardenofstone with that map.

The Garden is one of our favorite maps, and it irks me to see others change it. BullyBob made the XL version with permission from eByte (the original author). I have a real hard time supporting maps that others have made changes to without even bothering to consult the original author for his consent.

Most original maps included a readme that asked that no part of their map be reproduced without the authors consent. eByte is still around and can be contacted. Just because these maps are 10+ years old does not give people the right to use their original work without consent and approval.

Just my $.02

Comment

Working...
                            X