Follow us on Steam Follow us on FB Follow us on Twitter Subscribe on Youtube

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Secret Sauce. Netspeed and Maximum client FPS rates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret Sauce. Netspeed and Maximum client FPS rates.

As posted before there is a setting in ut2004.ini to uncap client fps rates by adjusting netspeed.

I found a guide that explains this in great detail and IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY.

Some would even say combined with netcode it creates an unfair advantage... <throws "some" out the window> Eff that guy.

LOOKY:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hWA/edit?pli=1

I'm getting stable 200 fps with this. Only drawbacks are, increased ping times(mitigated by netcode) and that weird thing when you move up a ramp in game and it feels like you're crouching, whatever.

I recommend netspeed 10880.

EDIT*: I just looked at what I had set mine to, based on the table in the above link. I set it for 170 fps, adjusted keepalive and maxFPSrate accordingly, but I'm getting solid 199/200 FPS everywhere @ 10880 netspeed. That's my rig and internet connection though. So while this method does work, *ahem* "results may vary". lol.

EDIT 2**: On netcode, I was always told to use this version of netcode effectively, that is increasing hit rate vs not incurring unnecessary/additional CPU load leading to unregistered shots/weird lag, the rule of thumb is as follows. If your ping = 60 or greater, netcode enabled. If your ping = less than 60, netcode disabled. However I don't know if this rule of thumb took into account the netspeed/keepalive timing of the above link. So again, tinkering is required to find what is best for you and "results may vary".
    Last edited by HTM~ZenEye; 02-09-2017, 03:26 PM. Reason: because
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

weird...every time i change the lines it wont save....the ut ini and user ini stays thev same hmmm

Comment

you can't have UT running or it won't save..
      I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

I try to keep my frame rate as close as I can to a multiple of my monitor's refresh rate. My BENQ XL2430Ts run at 144hz, so I try to keep frame rates as close to that as possible, as 288hz would be counterproductive due to connection issues.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
          I try to keep my frame rate as close as I can to a multiple of my monitor's refresh rate. My BENQ XL2430Ts run at 144hz, so I try to keep frame rates as close to that as possible, as 288hz would be counterproductive due to connection issues.
          My ASUS VG248QE runs 144hz as well. Like I said I set it to 170 FPS, it just runs at 200 FPS. Not my decision apparently. The computer made it for me. Or, more than likely that guys numbers are a bit off. All I know is I run a SOLID 200 fps, no lag, with or without netcode (other than the lag netcode causes natively). I usually keep netcode off on HTM servers as my ping is low enough.

"Results may vary"
          sigpic

Comment

wow i looked up both mins and zenz monitors and they are nice...

Comment

I like the BENQ, although I have thought lately about moving from the 24" to 27". I mounted a 50" TV in the office this weekend and it has become a part time third monitor.
              Attached Files

Comment

get some clutter on that damn desk...all that tidiness is making me a little uncomfortable..lol
                I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
                  get some clutter on that damn desk...all that tidiness is making me a little uncomfortable..lol
                  ... my wife says I'm a little OCD. You should see the garage.

Comment

so online my FPS never exceeds 90fps?

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~CheeZmonZter View Post
                      so online my FPS never exceeds 90fps?
                      Correct. Unless you uncap your fps with the settings in my first post, you will be limited to 90 fps online.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is limited by the server tick rate either way.

Comment

You can send a packet for each frame but the server is only going to see a maximum amount of positions per second for you as defined by the tickrate. Tickrate 30 means the server updates each players position 30 times each second aka 30 fps or 30 hz.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~YourImagination View Post
                            You can send a packet for each frame but the server is only going to see a maximum amount of positions per second for you as defined by the tickrate. Tickrate 30 means the server updates each players position 30 times each second aka 30 fps or 30 hz.
                            Yeah this is for clientside fps unlock.

Whatever tho it works. I get SOLID 200 fps using this method and 0 lag.

I have turned it off as of late tho, it's a nice gimmick but low ping is still better. Same with netcode, yucky unregs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Found the full google docs. A bit dated, but still chock full of good info for settings/tweaks. Tweakguides dot com has a good guide as well.
                              https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...NM3I2qgWc/edit
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X