issues with UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues with UT

since having to reinstall Windows 10, and importing my files form backup. I've noticed some strange things. My mouse movement seems somewhat jerky...not smooth even though smoothing is enabled. I've also noticed that in my list of characters under Player, there are two of every character being shown. What I'm wondering, is it possible that the game is trying to shuffle between the actual installation directory and the back up directory that was imported? In my C drive, there is a file labeled C and contains all the files and folders from my old drive...almost like they were extracted when I restored from the back up. I haven't tried yet, but I would assume I could launch the game from that location as well, since I can run any of those programs and even direct, installed apps to default to them. Just wondering if anyone has run across this kind of thing?
    I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

I'm not familiar with windows 10 but the mouse could likely be cleared up by disabling smoothing and installing markc's mouse fix for windows 10. The other issue I have no clue. As I said previously my UT2004 is not even technically installed. It's an 8 year old folder that has been copied directly from one pc to another and ran after only setting an active cd-key using ut2004keychanger.exe.

Comment

didn't know about the mouse fix thing..i'll look into that. Thanks!

Comment

yeah, the game loaded from the other folder with the same settings. I changed something in the normal user.ini just to see and the change was present in the c folder setting as well. Same goes for the opposite. I guess the engine looks for any instances of the games directory files once it loads and tries to shuffle back and forth, basically checking and writing to each game folder. Gonna save a cop of the c folder one then delete it and see if that smooths it out

Comment

That's weird. I've always had a copy of the UT2k4 directory on another drive and never had that happen, though I use the keychanger programs to set the directories...

Comment

Working...
          X