Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcade News!

Arcade News!

This area is dedicated to the Arcade and will self populate when a new high score is achieved or a new tournament champion is crowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HTM|Minion View Post
    This area is dedicated to the Arcade and will self populate when a new high score is achieved or a new tournament champion is crowned.
    I don't see any of the aforementioned "self-populating" scores... I also can't play the arcade. Says I need Adobe Flash, which is already installed and updated...

(EDIT) A different browser worked... Guess it does not like Opera...

So it turns out to have the populating scores we must upgrade to the "pro" version. For some reason they left the configuration for it in the "lite" version, but it doesn't work.... more coders missing the mark i suppose. I'll look into the pro version and get back with you.

Not sure it's worth the cost unless it's only a few bucks to upgrade. Just my opinion but it seems like a few guys ding around with it sometimes and then no activity for a while. Or are more folks playing than I realize?
    There are two rules in life:

1.) Never give out all the information.

It looks like a lifetime subscription is $120.00, but it will require a complete re-installation.

Comfortably Numb

Payment on the way Minion.

I love ya Blue but I gotta kill me some Suicide Bob ever now and again.

~Bob

BTW- Please don't include this on my tally Minion.
    Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 05-21-2017 at 08:46 AM. Reason: BTW
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Hold Up Bob, there seems to be a version conflict with the Pro version. I'm trying to find out if an update is in the works.

Comfortably Numb

Ooooooops!

Ok... so it's been a pretty adventurous night and morning. I purchased the "PRO" version of the arcade. I installed the "PRO" version of the arcade. The "PRO" version of the arcade broke the arcade.

I contacted the software developer and discussed the issues. He requested I create an FTP account with access only to the forum where he could try some hot fixes on the arcade software. I did this, he worked out about 23% of the bugs I complained about and then after I became overly frustrated we came to a point where we were no longer friends.

I made the statement "This is not much of an upgrade IMO, it just breaks everything and gives me nothing new that is useful."

He responded with the following.

"Honestly, I agree with you that due to the closure of all the sites that provided games, and the fact that Flash gaming is being phased out in general, the Pro version of this mod probably doesn't offer great value for money unless you already had a huge library of old games e.g. ibProArcade or v3Arcade games and you wanted the Tournaments feature.

As a result, I've credited your account with the equivalent purchase price worth of "Discount Points" that you can apply towards other purchases here @ DBTech. This will let you reduce the cost of any of our other licences down to $0.01 (as PayPal doesn't support free purchases).

Again, I do apologise for the inconvenience, in this case it's unfortunately largely out of our hands
    ."

Needless to say this pushed me over the edge. I told him that only a full refund would be acceptable and if this was not possible I would take this up with PayPal, which I have done. he promptly banned me from his site and forum.

Then it gets worse... I went to remove his FTP account and accidentally clicked the button that read "delete user account and all associated files". Well I then quickly realized that the "associated files" was our entire forum directory. So... we had no forum overnight. The host quickly restored the files this morning and we are back in business.

Bad news is... I had to completely remove the arcade and reinstall to get it functioning again. Good news is... you guys can all go grab high scores as there are but few games currently with scores. All of them are me, and I was just testing to make sure the arcade recorded scores again.

Bob, I'm sending your $120.00 back.

Comfortably Numb

Shazam! I think we all need to get together and go whip his ass.....or maybe just send Foo.

Sending my money back. Damn I was hoping I'd get to ban folks from the arcade.