No announcement yet.

Campgrounds Map...jumping ledge issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im also trying to force the opponent color but dont know where....

Comment

Des, I'm not Foo and don't intend to answer for him, but when he said this,"hint...force models to enemy and choose Gorge", I think he means, jokingly, that we should force the other team to the Gorge size character so they will be easier to see and hit. Like I said I think he was just joking.

The collision ring that surrounds a character is meant to react to the map geometry, floors walls, ceilings, meshes, etc.

When you hit another character with a projectile it passes through the collision and actually hits the character. Else whats the point of aiming directly at someones head for a headshot. If this weren't true then any shot above the shoulders that was within the 4' collision diameter would score a headshot. But you can narrowly miss a headshot and still cause damage.

Character modelers have control over a host of parameters to control all of this this. Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. Building characters for UT is a science all its own. I'm responding from a mappers point of view. I have to know this info because of door height and width, floor to ceiling heights, etc., so that a character can get around comfortably, not Djump and hit the ceiling, and so on.

If you want to change your character, then on your PC open UT>Settings>Player and make your changes. Your color is determined by which team, red or blue, you are playing for. In TAM we don't have red or blue colors but we still play for the red or blue teams. But I'm sure you know this already.

Foo can probably answer better than I. Have a sucker Des.

FYI-I have been doing some reading and it appears that the collision cylinder that surrounds every player will register hits. Not hits to the player itself. My bad. So you can hit to the left or right of someones head and score a hit. Its probably easier to see with the sniper on zoom.

Toys from F7 Cuz...something new I guess.
      Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 07-25-2017, 01:10 PM. Reason: FYI
      "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

Originally posted by DesTineD View Post
        Im also trying to force the opponent color but dont know where....
        hit F7 when in game. You will see all sorts of cool "toys" there.
        Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

Ok cus ill give f7 a try thanks. Bob, the reason i ask is because when i used to play DM in utcomp...there was a setting where i can pick the color of the opponent. I just hate when i play tam and i end up in the red team cause its hard to see Blue. Blue tends to blend in well with the environment.

Comment

not joking at all...part of 3spn settings is the ability to force enemies and teammates to a character model as well as adjust skin colors. I force all enemy to Gorge and all teammates to one of the thinner female characters like Tamika. I force team colors to team mates with settings set to zero for RGB (they appear grey in color that way and don't distract) and, depending on map color, I use mostly forced enemy color of bright green (green slider all the way up, others all the way down) or for brighter maps, I use bright pink (R and B slider all the way up and G all the way down). For my own character, I use the Female Assasin character, so unless somebody else has forced models, my hitbox is a tiny bit smaller but still helps.

https://gameslords.com/gameplay/life...U9AC671Ig.html
            I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
              not joking at all...part of 3spn settings is the ability to force enemies and teammates to a character model as well as adjust skin colors. I force all enemy to Gorge and all teammates to one of the thinner female characters like Tamika. I force team colors to team mates with settings set to zero for RGB (they appear grey in color that way and don't distract) and, depending on map color, I use mostly forced enemy color of bright green (green slider all the way up, others all the way down) or for brighter maps, I use bright pink (R and B slider all the way up and G all the way down). For my own character, I use the Female Assasin character, so unless somebody else has forced models, my hitbox is a tiny bit smaller but still helps.

https://gameslords.com/gameplay/life...U9AC671Ig.html
              Thanks Foo. I sure wasn't aware of this. So I can force the other teams characters to 'Hulk' if he existed and our team to 'mini-me's'. Cool. I'd almost bet the collision for each is the same. I'm cornfused now. I'll draft a post at Epic and see if I can get the real skinny. Thx.

Comment

Where did you do this change foo? At F7 like cus said? I havent tested it yet...im out.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. Seems like I was about right the first time. The Epic forum has changed a lot. There's almost zero support for UT04. Most threads were years old. We're a dying breed it seems. Again, character modelers have a lot of parameter flexibility. This is just a general idea.

BTW-Sorry for hijacking your thread Des.

Heres an image that simulates a cylindrical collision mesh that interacts with the surrounding geometry.

This image shows a player model with the 'Hit' collision capsules attached to each part of the body, arms legs, torso, and head, etc. Notice the head has a different color mesh and this is how the engine determines a headshot.

Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 07-25-2017, 05:05 PM. Reason: BTW

Comment

Des, yeah...just hit f7 or at the console, type in menu3spn and it will open...but should be bound to f7...you can disable the sound of your own footsteps as well, which I encourage everyone to do...it makes it that much better for hearing other players movements, esp in areas with foot step sounds augmented or heightened like metal walkways or, water areas with splashing..
                    I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Very nice player model examples....helps understand what your conveying bullybob....yeah foo i changed the opponent characters to gorge last night and was landing shots better. Gonna remove my steps too. Although back in the day when i had an Xfi soundcard, I still couldnt figure out peoples location. I have no hearing on my right ear....damn im a mess lol

Comment

Working...
                      X