DM-HTM-Whack_A_Mole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-HTM-Whack_A_Mole

Boy o boy, the whack a mole map. What a mess. Play that map and you are guaranteed to die quick.

I made that map specifically to just plain 'ol burn off steam. Kinda like a Bot with a Flack gun in a phone booth. We know who will probably win that one.

I'm on beta 11 now and I think I have resolved all of the JP issues. I had to completely rebuild the jump tubes but that was a good thing anyway. I can't guarantee that you won't get snagged somewhere sometime but I believe I have greatly reduced the chance that you will. I see Player collisions more than anything else.

This map is made entirely from custom textures and meshes. No store bought stuff here.

I expanded the center and NSEW sub-rooms just a bit.

Added four more JP's to the main floor. Sorta like super-dodging across the map.

Made the 4 main floor Teleporters random so you will teleport to any of 8 different places on the walkway that surrounds the main floor.

Bots now run the entire map including the outer walkways. (DM, TDM)

By design there are no Mini or Link guns in this map. (DM, TDM)

There are no sounds except the sounds of death.

I'm trying to find some music. Maybe I will and maybe I won't put it in.

The Bot(s) should now snipe from the alcoves about 40% of the time. But Bots can also ignore my command scripts and attack.

I have very little control over the scoreboard. I do not have any control over the spacing between the last word and the players name. If the Player's name is too long then they will jam together. I've decided to use "KILLS-POINTS" because with TAM its points and with DM its kills. And this is a DM, TDM map foremost.

The WAM map is playing now on my other machine. 984 for Red and 740 for Blue. A whop-sided game to say the least.

The WAM map now has the HTM Room in it but you'll have to find the secret entrance first. Look North. Check your location in the HUD when you are in the alcoves for directions. The JP medallion in the exact center of the map is oriented correctly also. When you find it it is in plain sight. The first one who finds it and posts back here with its location will get a $20 donation from me to the HTM funds. (After I post the new beta up this Friday that is.) Oh...and its back like the original. Nothing but names. Its time to move on.

With any luck the WAM map should be finalized in a couple of weeks too and then I get on to Cuz's, skanks and Blues maps.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 10-25-2017, 07:28 AM. Reason: Added a couple of things:and some more things
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

I've just released the last WAM beta I hope. I want it tested well but I sure hope you don't find anything major wrong either. I still have a little lighting work to do but nothing special. Next Friday should be the Final release. Refer to my post above for some of the new improvements. The deal still holds if anyone can find the secret entrance to the HTM Room.

Thanks all.

Comment

The new cross-arena jump pads rock Bob! These take the map to a whole new level.

Video below for anyone who hasn't seen these in action.

https://h-townmadness.com/files/BoB/...beta12.ut2.mp4

Comment

niiiiicccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee
        I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Bob, here is a video from tonight. Look how Timbo gets stuck dropping down one of the holes.

https://h-townmadness.com/files/BoB/...e-beta12-2.mp4

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
            Bob, here is a video from tonight. Look how Timbo gets stuck dropping down one of the holes.

https://h-townmadness.com/files/BoB/...e-beta12-2.mp4
            Thanks Minion. I'll take a look at it and get it fixed. It's the lift tube in the South alcove.

There's something, I don't know what, but jump tubes are easy to get stuck in. I have my suspicions but none can be rectified with anything I control. I believe its LE_DownUnder where you can get stuck on the j tubes very easily. I have studied those and can't find a reason for it. Maybe why the author never fixed them. But I WILL get WAM fixed by this Friday.

Thanks guys.

Note to self-I have got to get in there and spec you guys but so far every time I start to you are playing other maps. Time to pin my ears back and get me a teat to suckle on. (Don't say it Foo, Blues. Don't say it.) LOL.

Comment

Bob, if you want to spec us playing your maps, just jump in and let us know you are there. We will vote your maps in no problemo sir.

Comment

Bob, if you want to spec us playing your maps, just jump in and let us know you are there. We will vote your maps in no problemo sir.
                Will do. Starting this Friday night.

I did find some problems with 3 of the 4 alcove lift tubes. The blocking volume "cage" for each tube was misaligned 1 ut unit from top to bottom. I NEVER turn off the snap grid so I can't explain that but my bad anyway. I just deleted all 4 and rebuilt them from scratch. I tried each one about 8-10 times each at varying angles of entry and didn't get stuck. There did appear to be a small spot while going down that was like running into STP but fairly smooth anyway.

Did anyone tell Timbo that that was an exit hole and not an entry hole? I hear that they're sometimes like that. Maybe some of that Mouse Lube would help.

The Lift delay speed is jacked up to cycle quick and if you drop down from above you may activate the Lift before clearing the hole and cause yourself some damage. Or get jammed. I'll look at that. Gotta be a way to reach a happy medium.

Foo heard the Foot Owl. Has anyone else?

And has anyone found the secret entrance to the HTM Room? The hints are in my post above somewhere. It's worth 20 bucks and you have till Friday's next beta release which by the way I have decided to extend the WAM betas till Friday after this Friday because of the Jump tube problems.

Comment

This is getting to be a pretty solid map now. There's nothing else to do to it. Because of the Jump tube sticking problems and the additional work done I am going to wait another week before finalizing this map.

Besides a lot of small things I worked on here are the biggies: (I may have added too much Helter and not enough Skelter.)

-Added 4 more JP to the main floor. They are angled into the bumper. They are a kind of trap because if you step on one of them you will bounce back and forth until/unless you air control your way off. Once you get used to them they could be a very good offensive weapon especially if you have enough juice to go invisible. Lol.

-Added 8 more Teleporters to the upper alcoves. If you run sideways facing the playing field you can go to every upper alcove and back to where you started. In either direction. This ought to add another element of attack.

-Enlarged the opening of all 4 JP holes in the main playing court. Saw some Bots get stuck on the wall in one of them.

Has anyone found the entrance to the HTM Room yet? Jeeeze guys. Its worth a 20 spot donation in your name to HTM. You got till midnight. I gave some very good clues in one of my previous posts in this thread.

Anyway, next week should be the last week you have to have your folders full of WAM betas.

Later.

Comment

It (don't) puts the file in the directory....

Sounds good Bob, if I can get my hands on the file I'll get her up on the servers... *cough* *cough*.

As far as finding anything in that map with 8-12 players gunning for you...ummm no. It's hard to just stay alive for 15 seconds..lol.

Comment

Hope you guys enjoy the long JP's the way they are now because they will change in the Final map. I just made the JP to JP connection to fuck with you all. The JP's will actually land to the side of the other JP's.

That is all.

Meanwhile I've been practicing putting files into directories. So far I'm 7 out of ten. Getting better huh Min?

Comment

hey Bob...had an interesting idea on that front. Maybe have the side JPs launch a player up and into the alcove on the other side? LOL...that would be some shit!
                        I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~BullyBob View Post

Meanwhile I've been practicing putting files into directories. So far I'm 7 out of ten. Getting better huh Min?
                          You'll be batting 1000 in no time Bob.

Last night we played Beta 10 on Solitude (I guess I forgot to update that server, you aren't the only one with issues Bob ) you know, that version has something that we missed with the new version. I guess it's the sinplicity of it. We talked and want to know if Beta10 can be finalized and called Whack-A-Mole-Classic? Then we can have two versions when the new one is finished?

Comment

You'll be batting 1000 in no time Bob.

Last night we played Beta 10 on Solitude (I guess I forgot to update that server, you aren't the only one with issues Bob ) you know, that version has something that we missed with the new version. I guess it's the sinplicity of it. We talked and want to know if Beta10 can be finalized and called Whack-A-Mole-Classic? Then we can have two versions when the new one is finished?

Ok Minion, lets spell it out. The difference between beta 10 and beta 16 (now) are the north-south and east-west JumpPads and the alcove Teleporters and a larger alcove area. Just let me know which or all of the 3 you want me to delete and we'll call that the final.

Unless you want 2 versions...

I can't believe I've overdone something. Yet when it comes to rooftops and wall tops, oh no, we gotta get up there. You guys make me want to double up on my goat weed consumption.

Yes I saw Born and someone playing beta 10 and joined to let them know you had just uploaded beta 15 but they had already switched maps. Boy would I have looked the fool when Born couldn't find the beta 15 map. And you call me ftp challenged. Ha! LOL.
                            Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 11-05-2017, 02:54 PM. Reason: Unless...

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
                              hey Bob...had an interesting idea on that front. Maybe have the side JPs launch a player up and into the alcove on the other side? LOL...that would be some shit!
                              I once had JP's to the Alcoves and I would put them back again but some old farts namely Minion and Born, are much too old for the faster action and would prefer to be laid back and comfortable before shredding players to bits, have asked for a much more subdued version and want it called "Classic" which is a sub word for "late 50's". Ha!

Comment

Working...
                              X