Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Comfortably Numb

Hope you guys enjoy the long JP's the way they are now because they will change in the Final map. I just made the JP to JP connection to fuck with you all. The JP's will actually land to the side of the other JP's.

That is all.

Meanwhile I've been practicing putting files into directories. So far I'm 7 out of ten. Getting better huh Min?
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

hey Bob...had an interesting idea on that front. Maybe have the side JPs launch a player up and into the alcove on the other side? LOL...that would be some shit!

Quote Originally Posted by HTM~BullyBob View Post

Meanwhile I've been practicing putting files into directories. So far I'm 7 out of ten. Getting better huh Min?
    You'll be batting 1000 in no time Bob.

Last night we played Beta 10 on Solitude (I guess I forgot to update that server, you aren't the only one with issues Bob ) you know, that version has something that we missed with the new version. I guess it's the sinplicity of it. We talked and want to know if Beta10 can be finalized and called Whack-A-Mole-Classic? Then we can have two versions when the new one is finished?

Comfortably Numb

Quote Originally Posted by HTM|Minion View Post
    You'll be batting 1000 in no time Bob.

Last night we played Beta 10 on Solitude (I guess I forgot to update that server, you aren't the only one with issues Bob ) you know, that version has something that we missed with the new version. I guess it's the sinplicity of it. We talked and want to know if Beta10 can be finalized and called Whack-A-Mole-Classic? Then we can have two versions when the new one is finished?

Ok Minion, lets spell it out. The difference between beta 10 and beta 16 (now) are the north-south and east-west JumpPads and the alcove Teleporters and a larger alcove area. Just let me know which or all of the 3 you want me to delete and we'll call that the final.

Unless you want 2 versions...

I can't believe I've overdone something. Yet when it comes to rooftops and wall tops, oh no, we gotta get up there. You guys make me want to double up on my goat weed consumption.

Yes I saw Born and someone playing beta 10 and joined to let them know you had just uploaded beta 15 but they had already switched maps. Boy would I have looked the fool when Born couldn't find the beta 15 map. And you call me ftp challenged. Ha! LOL.
    Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 11-05-2017 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Unless...

Comfortably Numb

Quote Originally Posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
    hey Bob...had an interesting idea on that front. Maybe have the side JPs launch a player up and into the alcove on the other side? LOL...that would be some shit!
    I once had JP's to the Alcoves and I would put them back again but some old farts namely Minion and Born, are much too old for the faster action and would prefer to be laid back and comfortable before shredding players to bits, have asked for a much more subdued version and want it called "Classic" which is a sub word for "late 50's". Ha!

I didn't mean to disrespect beta 15 Bob, its a great map too. Yes, the point was to have two versions so those who liked beta 10 can play that if they want. I personally like the cross arena jump pads as do others, this is why I think 2 versions is the answer here. You haven't "overdone" the map, it just hit a sweet spot at beta 10 for some in it's evolution.

I'll take fast action all day, after playing Quake 3 back in the day our first UT server ran at 125%. I may be old Bob, but.... I forgot what I was going to say.

agree with ya Min...this is one of those that can be played ass-fast (15) or semi-paced(10) so both would be good to have access too

Comfortably Numb

Quote Originally Posted by HTM|Minion View Post
    I didn't mean to disrespect beta 15 Bob, its a great map too. Yes, the point was to have two versions so those who liked beta 10 can play that if they want. I personally like the cross arena jump pads as do others, this is why I think 2 versions is the answer here. You haven't "overdone" the map, it just hit a sweet spot at beta 10 for some in it's evolution.

I'll take fast action all day, after playing Quake 3 back in the day our first UT server ran at 125%. I may be old Bob, but.... I forgot what I was going to say.
    No disrespect taken but there are a lot of little fixes between the two betas. I do not want to go back to beta 10 and do all the fixes even if I found them all all over again. Fixes you wouldn't notice. I can easily remove the Upper Alcove Teleporters, and the new NSEW JumpPads from beta 16 and it would almost be like beta 10. That would leave the Enlarged Upper Alcoves. I would suggest keeping them. Then you would benefit from them and the larger corner JP tubes and a whole lot of re-aligned blocking volumes that line all the tubes, plus all the other fixes that I did. The only difference between 10 and 16 you would notice would be that the Upper Alcoves would be larger and the corner JP tubes are larger.

Waaaaaaa! Waaaaaa! I can't find the secret entrance cause I keep getting shot. Waaaaaa! Pathetic. When you spawn in (if that is in one of the 4 lower alcoves with the Lift) run over the lift to activate it but don't ride it up. If there's a hole below where the lift was then jump in. You have to be quick the elevator is coming.

Comfortably Numb

Quote Originally Posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
    agree with ya Min...this is one of those that can be played ass-fast (15) or semi-paced(10) so both would be good to have access too
    You guys are killing me.

Foo, I think you've had your mouse in your hand more than your....I'll just let it rest there.

Bob... I guess I didn't explain the keeping of beta 10 well enough. We don't want any changes made to it, just to keep the current beta 10 and have it renamed WAM-Classic.

Please don't remove anything from beta 16, we enjoy that map too, but the two maps play differently and that is the point of having both.