DM-Minotaur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Minotaur

This is Foo's project and I don't think it'll take long to finish as soon as someone tells me what they want.

~PatientBob
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

This one is done already! isn't it?
    I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
      This one is done already! isn't it?
      That depends on if all you wanted was to remove the gates. Some of those areas aren't really good to open. Some are. I'll still need to do some work by adding pathing, weapons, ammo, power-ups? BV's, sounds, zoning, JP's or Lifts, or Teleporters, deco if needed. In my humble estimate-put it in the garage on a Friday and get it out on the next Friday. Test it. Maybe get it out on the following Friday. Depending on the fixes you want. All changes must be tested by me and/or you guys. It won't be done till the "beta" designation is removed and the map re-built with the new finalized name, which by the way you should come up with something. MinotaurX or Foo's Minotaur, or MinotaurXL or Minotaur-Redux or Minotaur(Ack!) or MinotaurFE or Minotaur_No_Buzz or Minotaur2 or Minotaur-Alt or Minotaur-Ex or something with Minotaur in it.

Comment

DM-Minionotaur

Comment

^^ this and btw...the fuck with a ten character minimum to post?

Comment

Uuuh...ok. That's a pretty long name my man. And there's no Minotaur in it.

@Minion: I can't even pronounce that.
            Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 10-24-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Not sure why, but I changed minimum post to three characters for you Foo.

Originally posted by HTM~BullyBob View Post
              @Minion: I can't even pronounce that.
              DM-MIN-YEN-NO-TAUR Better?

Comment

Just spent a little time in the Mino map and it looks like the things I want and in some cases need to do, will take a little longer than I first estimated. But then again I may get to it and finish it sooner than I think.

Comment

Thanks for the work Bob.

Comment

Been working on the Min map this morning and have encountered a 'gremlin' almost like the one that haunted me in the MF map. So far I can't add anything to the map or it will crash. And it crashes in more than one way. I've been testing the lighting and after 3 test maps have found out what zone the 'gremlin' is hiding in. I feel certain that I will have him isolated and deleted in no time and the I can get on with this map. By comparison it took me 11 days to isolate the problem in the MF map. I was quite buggered. You can tell I've learned a lot from that experience. If all goes well I should have a working beta for u guys this coming Friday.

Have a good weekend

Comment

Sounds great Bob, damn them gremlins. I must be getting old, because I worked on a few of those when I first started at the AMC dealership. Concords and Pacers and Gremlins oh my!

Comment

DM-Minotaur-LE

First off the Minotaur map is one complicated map. The Author really went overboard with this one. The result is a stunningly beautiful map. Respect.

Now on to expanding the map...I'm not. There are so many bugs in this map I stopped counting after 11. The Author warned me in a email that he was having BSP problems and long build times. He was o so correct. This map would freeze during the building process about 50% of the time. The build time was an agonizing 20 minutes (3.5 minutes now). So, with all that, I have decided that I cannot expand this map and am not going to try anymore.

But...I've decided to go in the opposite direction and chop it down a bit. It used to have over 4000 structural brushes and now it has a little over 3000. I had to even delete some of the best scenic views. I've deleted dozens of lights as well as other unneeded actors. And I am planning on chopping it down some more but I need your input. Should I leave it as is or chop it down some more. Please let me know.

Now the map needs a minimum of 6 or 8 Players to keep it from getting lonely. Any less than that and you'll have to go hunting. The map is about 1/4 less than it was but a lot of that was outside the gates. It's still a big map.

Enjoy!

BTW- After over a dozen builds there hasn't been any errors or freezes.
                        Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 11-10-2017, 04:58 PM. Reason: BTW

Comment

Added DM-Minotaur-LE-beta03 to redirect server and both 14 man TAM servers.

Comment

I asked for input on this map but got none. Everybody's busy I guess. Anyway I added a pair of Teleporters and another JumpPad.

This map is finished.

Comment

thanks for hooking us up Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X