Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DM-Minotaur

Sounds great Bob, damn them gremlins. I must be getting old, because I worked on a few of those when I first started at the AMC dealership. Concords and Pacers and Gremlins oh my!

Comfortably Numb

DM-Minotaur-LE

First off the Minotaur map is one complicated map. The Author really went overboard with this one. The result is a stunningly beautiful map. Respect.

Now on to expanding the map...I'm not. There are so many bugs in this map I stopped counting after 11. The Author warned me in a email that he was having BSP problems and long build times. He was o so correct. This map would freeze during the building process about 50% of the time. The build time was an agonizing 20 minutes (3.5 minutes now). So, with all that, I have decided that I cannot expand this map and am not going to try anymore.

But...I've decided to go in the opposite direction and chop it down a bit. It used to have over 4000 structural brushes and now it has a little over 3000. I had to even delete some of the best scenic views. I've deleted dozens of lights as well as other unneeded actors. And I am planning on chopping it down some more but I need your input. Should I leave it as is or chop it down some more. Please let me know.

Now the map needs a minimum of 6 or 8 Players to keep it from getting lonely. Any less than that and you'll have to go hunting. The map is about 1/4 less than it was but a lot of that was outside the gates. It's still a big map.

Enjoy!

BTW- After over a dozen builds there hasn't been any errors or freezes.
    Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:58 PM. Reason: BTW
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Added DM-Minotaur-LE-beta03 to redirect server and both 14 man TAM servers.

Comfortably Numb

I asked for input on this map but got none. Everybody's busy I guess. Anyway I added a pair of Teleporters and another JumpPad.

This map is finished.
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

thanks for hooking us up Bob

Quote Originally Posted by HTM~BullyBob View Post
    I asked for input on this map but got none. Everybody's busy I guess. Anyway I added a pair of Teleporters and another JumpPad.

This map is finished.
    Sorry Bob, been spending all free time trying to finish the wife's craft cabin. I haven't had much server time lately, when I have I'm so tired I can't focus well. Please don't think we don't care.