Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh You Fickle Beta Testors

Beta Testors Unite! Maybe it's time.

OK. I'm talking specifically to Minion, Born and Foo. Don't ever, for one second, think I don't appreciate you. You guys have been absolutely fantastic as far as relaying info to me regarding any of the maps I've worked on. Minion, you make videos, take SS's and give me verbal as well as posted feedback. Born you've PM'd me with real problems with a couple of my maps. Problems not ordinarily observed nor reacted to by the average Player but problems just the same. And you've provided SS's also. (I think). Foo, you've been great man. You gave me almost weekly updates, you took SS's and even edited them with arrows pointing to the places you wanted addressed. Great work everyone.

And since you three buddies have always been there for me I've decided to offer you a chance to be an official Beta Testor here at HTM. You wouldn't have to do much more than you do now. Maybe step up your Beta Testing game a little. That's all. Post with any problems you may have found or someone has told you about and that you have verified. Just like you do now except that I will rely heavily on you guys for feedback and input as to whichever map I am working on at the time. I would take your opinions with the greatest of respect and in fact you three could really help me shape a map. And I'll bet I could talk Minion into making another "Badge" for your Member Name that says Beta Testor. I don't deserve a badge right now because I'm not playing. But when I do I'll want a badge also Minion. We could meet and make our own testing rules as well as recruit other members also to be Beta Testors.

How about it?

~OverStressedBob
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Does anyone else feel like a deer heading back to the deer feeder on opening day?

Comment

Well, let's just forget I even brought it up.

Comment

I see nothing....NOTHINGGGGGG......
        I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

I'll help out as long as you name the badge Mastah-Beta Tester and make Minion wear it all the time
          I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Bob,

I've done real world beta testing and QC for software, so If you give me the parameters of what you want tested, and what type of feedback you want, I can keep it productive and useful, and work to avoid excessive or not needed information. I've also had my own work tested and criticized, so I know what it's like on the other end. I can keep things divided into actual technical issues and my views and/or opinions as a player. Let me know what you need.

FYI - I'm also familiar with the console mapping debug commands, so If I have the map locally I can give you better detail on what and where may be be causing an issue.

Born
            Last edited by Born; 11-09-2017, 07:05 PM.
            1) It's not "Bunny Hopping", it's Red-Neck Dodging...
            2) I don't "SPAM", I use the randomized tactical deployment of munitions...
            3) If you don't like it - to bad, my bunny-hopping-spam will kill you.

Comment

I was kidding Bob, you know I'll always help when I can. Just let me know what you need, we can even lock down a server and keep things under wraps if needed.

Comment

It was just an idea and probably not a good one.

Born, you certainly know what you are talking about.

Appreciate it Foo.

U2 Minion.

Comment

Bob, Sorry all the internal stuff and the tournament took our focus off your map testing. Please don't take it personal, we really do appreciate all you do for us.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
                    Bob, Sorry all the internal stuff and the tournament took our focus off your map testing. Please don't take it personal, we really do appreciate all you do for us.
                    Thanks Minion. I appreciate it.

I have a new rule. I no longer require beta testers.

Comment

Working...
                    X