Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Smiths Stout´s

Let´s come to some Classic ones!

I like dark and malty Beers, so i got me some Stouts, here the Samuel Smiths Brewery Stouts.

I start with the best, the Oatmeal Stout!

It has a dark kinda blackish color, its head does come up but not very stable, has big bubbles. As most of the Stouts i had this doesnt worry me at all since they kinda all end up a bit "plain" on the bubbles.

The smell: Oatmeal ! Chocolate ! Malt ! Plum !

The Taste: Didnt taste the Oatmeal at first but then WOW! One does like to start and chew it! Dark Malts, bit of chocolate. All together a - excuse me - fucking tasteful Beer!

It is rated very high through all the rating pages and i have to agree these ratings!

Their Imperial Stout is an real classic Stout!

Color is again very dark, head the same as above.

The smell: Malty, slightly Chocolate, slightly Plum and Coffee.

The Taste: like its smell!

Compared to an Guiness (Guiness is nice as Draught Beer, their bottled beer doesnt reach that taste) this is an real real good Stout.

(the best Stout i ever had was the Sin City Vegas Stout)

Last Stout i tried of them is the Chocolate Stout.

Yes, Chocolate!

ORGANIC CHOCOLATE STOUT !

It does contain cane sugar and cacao extract.

The smell: Chocolate, Malt!

The taste: Chocolate mixed with the Imperial Stout ^^ Its not that sweet as thought due to the sugar they used, also not that high on alcohol tho it does contain sugar. It is nice that one does come up with the ideas to flavour Beer, this is an good example, doesnt taste bad but one has to like the mix of Cacao and Beer. I did like it, would drink it again but i think its not an everyday Beer.

Most of Samuel Smiths Beers are high in rating, and for an good reason: They know about Brew!

https://www.samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk/

If you ever have the chance to get on of their Stouts - GET IT! Its more than worth it!

Samuel Smith makes some great beers for sure.

If you happen to run across some Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) or Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout), grab some. Truly the KBS is probably the best beer I've ever had in my life. Even though it clocks in at 11.8% ABV, the bourbon barrel aging gives it a smooth finish.

Founders also makes a Breakfast Stout which I believe is about 8.5%ABV. It's more readily available and pretty damned good.
    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Thats a lot o ABV for Stouts...wow! Let me have a look for them at our new local store.

Comment

Working...
      X