Server netcode...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Born View Post
    Now, changing the game speed a little might be worth a an experiment, 1 to 1.05 maybe... But it would alter the timing of the whole thing, a little speedier...

-Born
    As I recall we used to run our servers at DXII at 1.05 or 1.1. Gameplay was a bit faster but we were also on a Chicago server and most of our players were in the upper midwest.
    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Dang....only 6 hops to NYC? I get at least 13 when I check mine to the server.

Comment

Originally posted by DesTineD View Post
        can you run a tracert to me too?
        Dest, trace route is VERY ephemeral, so it only applies to that session, and will vary quickly. I can run it anytime you're on, but it's most useful when you "feel" like something is off. (Tracert is only useful when you're on-line playing).

-Born
        Last edited by Born; 12-08-2017, 09:08 PM.
        1) It's not "Bunny Hopping", it's Red-Neck Dodging...
        2) I don't "SPAM", I use the randomized tactical deployment of munitions...
        3) If you don't like it - to bad, my bunny-hopping-spam will kill you.

Comment

Destined,

I just checked the server, and bDisableIPDrvDebug is set to off, and there is a UDK test IpDrv mode in the unreal 2.5 engine that allows the client to override the server tick rate setting for that client.

Under your [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] section, add the lines:

ClientIpDrvDebug=Enable
          IpDrvTickDebug=60 (60 or whatever rate you want to test)
          NetServerMaxTickRate=60 (must be set to the same as IpDrvTickDebug)
          LanServerMaxTickRate=60 (must be set to the same as IpDrvTickDebug)

and be sure that

SimLatency=1 (it just cannot be 0 in debug mode)

And that should let you try different tick rates. We used this for testing when version 3369 first came out with the new .dll's

Oh, and it will only work on Solitude, as Sanctuary has the disable debug mode = on.

-Born
          Last edited by Born; 12-08-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Might need a copy of this though.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	51ZXGQ0X2SL._SX389_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	58722

Comment

Ok... thought I'd get a laugh or at least a question out of this, as I was poking a bit of fun and MADE THE WHOLE THING UP... Obviously there is no way to set the server tick rate client-side...

Destined,

I just checked the server, and bDisableIPDrvDebug is set to off, and there is a UDK test IpDrv mode in the unreal 2.5 engine that allows the client to override the server tick rate setting for that client.

Under your [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] section, add the lines:

ClientIpDrvDebug=Enable
              IpDrvTickDebug=60 (60 or whatever rate you want to test)
              NetServerMaxTickRate=60 (must be set to the same as IpDrvTickDebug)
              LanServerMaxTickRate=60 (must be set to the same as IpDrvTickDebug)

and be sure that

SimLatency=1 (it just cannot be 0 in debug mode)

And that should let you try different tick rates. We used this for testing when version 3369 first came out with the new .dll's

Oh, and it will only work on Solitude, as Sanctuary has the disable debug mode = on.

-Born

Comment

Ok... thought I'd get a laugh or at least a question out of this, as I was poking a bit of fun and MADE THE WHOLE THING UP... Obviously there is no way to set the server tick rate client-side...
                Hmmmm, it worked for me. The game just seems a little faster with that code in.

Comment

just checks comment today...lol born...anyways i cant edit my ini files for some reason...it reverts back to the default file...oh wells...everythings fine. Let me share some info here about why I got really good years ago. Well back when I was in the FM FlakMonkeys clan, I was struggling with my game. Until one day a player called SinnerLiquid came along and gave me his entire ini file. Back then I could easily edit my ini...something i cant do when I bought this current UT2004 game cd. To my surprise, all of his settings came on...even all his weapon crosshairs. I swear to the the Greek fucking Gods that i was able to move faster and all my shots were crisp with no delays. People asked me how i upped my game overnight but i didnt tell hehe. Anyhoo, whatever settings he tweeked in his ini file was just plain heavenly. I felt unstoppable. Wish my damn pc didnt break down...wish i wouldve backed up the info....till this day I dont know how to back up my files....I know, im an idiot but i never took the time to learn how. Anyways I tried adding the ini profiles you have in this website of other gamers but my ini reverts back to my ini settings...annoying.

Comment

...till this day I dont know how to back up my files....
                    I just copy my \ut2004\system folder to a ut2004\backup folder I make. anything important is in ut2004\system folder, everything else will come back with a fresh install and joining servers.
                    Last edited by Born; 12-13-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

so i copy paste it to another folder? and how to i edit because it wont allow me to edit

Comment

so i copy paste it to another folder? and how to i edit because it wont allow me to edit
                        First of all, what are you using to edit it with? Notepad, Wordpad or some other text editor? Secondly the only time I have ever seen an ini not be able to be saved was when the game was active. Otherwise it will save. BTW....how are you "saving" the ini?

Comment

I right click the screen and a box pops up..i go down to "new" and select text document. Let me search for notepad...

Comment

I right click the screen and a box pops up..i go down to "new" and select text document. Let me search for notepad...
                            Try this... MAKE SURE UT2004 IS NOT RUNNING then right click on the ini file you want to edit. Choose "open with" (it will open a box of editor options) choose note pad. Make the edits you wish to make and go to file in the upper menu and select "save". If there is a reason the rile cannot be saved you should get a message. Post theat message if you get one.

Comment

When i tried to save what i edited, it says "Access Denied".......so what i did was drag the ut2004.ini or user.ini file out to my home screen and was then allowed to edit and save. Then I had to drag both files back into the system folders tada.

Comment

Now that I know how to back up and edit the files....do you still have that record of the pro gamers inis? I want to test their inis into my system folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X