Server netcode...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server netcode...

hELLO YAW...was wondering if tonight we can play just 1 game without netcode. I just want to feel the difference. The reason I say this is that I think netcode makes me more sluggish. I get this same feeling in Ti server. Maybe is not even netcode...could be something else. Correct me if im wrong...and also you dont get that "crisp" shot feeling when shooting. Netcode looks at everyones ping at 0. So if you are a player with high ping thats a good thing. But i think that the player who pays to have a nice low ping ends up equal to the broke ass gamer whos ping is high. Not fair in my opinion. Then everyones dodging and movement speed becomes much slower which takes away the speed and the fun...i dont care what people say but netcode DOES slow your movement speed. Ive played in other servers and im flying but in our server and Ti's server is slower and sluggish...you guys cant tell me you dont feel it.

Before i thought it maybe was the quality of my mouse, my graphics card or my monitors response time causing this. But now I realize its never been none of those. It gotta be the netcode...

Comment

Netcode can be disabled in the 3spn menu. When you are in the game, hit your F7 key and you'll see a box that says "Enable Enhanced Netcode" and un-select it. I've tried it with and without and honestly, I've had better play with it on, even though my ping isn't high enough to benefit from it. As for server side latency, I've not heard that it has an impact on the feel of game play across the board, but Minion can tell you more about that.
      Last edited by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!); 12-06-2017, 11:14 AM.
      I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Then it can be the server side latency...I don't know what it is...I'm ignorant to these things. But i know its something. Another reason I know somethings not right its because when I land on a wall and i'm falling down beside it, I cant wall dodge off it. It wont let me...I just keep falling and need to shield or else my bitty legs gonna break lol. I'm sure minion knows what im talking about. I can wall dodge when I jump towards a wall....Im referrring to when Im falling down next to a wall.

Comment

I wish i knew how to take a video of myself so you guys can see...;et me see if FRAPS can do it...

Comment

yeah, what you feel on your end as compared to what someone viewing you can be crazy. But it could be that Netcode is making you pay for all those times somebody came to help you in a fight and you hauled ass...ROFL...j/k

Comment

lol never noticed that foo lol....ok I couldnt post the frap video onto here...dunno how...anyways, jumping on a wall and then dodging off it is not the prob...the prob is when you are falling down the wall and you try to wall dodge off it. What happens is that you do dodge off it but in a falling 45 degree angle. When you should be dodging of it on a 90 degree angle. The wall dodge feels weak...Umm i suck at Paint...

http://i65.tinypic.com/2s81pow.png
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DesTineD; 12-06-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I get what you're saying. I can do it, just not every time. Same way with wall dodging forward from wall behind me. Some people can do it fluidly, I look like a fuckin retarded pigeon all squawkin and shit...

Comment

But trust me, u can do it in other servers. Even in the Aim server. Its just that the admins here did something to the settings without knowing it..why do u think non members always ask about the speed in the server...they feel slower too. Maybe is the tick rate...i wish i knew about servers.
                  Last edited by DesTineD; 12-06-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I would say likely it is all in your head or possibly the ut2003 style boost dodging. But saying you feel it both here and in TI server eliminates both UT2003 style boost dodging and netcode as they run neither.

Comment

Ti do run netcode in their server...unless its the ut2003 style boost dodging.What is ut2003 style boost dodging for? because you can't boost dodge...we must solve this mystery!
                      Last edited by DesTineD; 12-06-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

A few things to understand:

1) TAM Netcode does NOT affect movement IN ANY WAY. It ONLY affects shooting.
                        2) It does not see everything as "0 ping" that is a different mod altogether - TAM Netcode uses client and server data rather than just server data to decide hits.
                        3) Many of the "phantom" shots where someone shoots "around a corner" or "while looking the other way" are your client machine adjusting for shots Netcode says happened.

As to laggy movement, "weird feeling" shots... That is latency issues between you and the sever. I spent two months, tracking ping issues and talking to the hosting COLO, and there are frequently high ping hops on both incoming and outbound connections. The only fix would be moving to another COLO.

Keep in mind that the UT in game ping is calculated by the server based on several things, and may NOT be your actual network ping. Your actual ping could be higher or lower then what UT tells you. AND if the latency occurs on the RETURN path (server to you) but not on the incoming path, UT may not show the lag, but you will "feel" it in game. That is when your ping says 50 but it fells like 150...

-Born
                        1) It's not "Bunny Hopping", it's Red-Neck Dodging...
                        2) I don't "SPAM", I use the randomized tactical deployment of munitions...
                        3) If you don't like it - to bad, my bunny-hopping-spam will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by DesTineD View Post
                          Ti do run netcode in their server...unless its the ut2003 style boost dodging.What is ut2003 style boost dodging for? because you can't boost dodge...we must solve this mystery!
                          The TI version of 3SPN is 3.14 which does NOT have any netcode.
                          1) It's not "Bunny Hopping", it's Red-Neck Dodging...
                          2) I don't "SPAM", I use the randomized tactical deployment of munitions...
                          3) If you don't like it - to bad, my bunny-hopping-spam will kill you.

Comment

Its just that the admins here did something to the settings without knowing it..
                            Oh really now? I guess we did it to both TAM servers without knowing it. Actually I'm amazed we can even start a game server, I mean I've been trying and trying for over 15 years now. Maybe next year I can figure this out.

But i think that the player who pays to have a nice low ping ends up equal to the broke ass gamer whos ping is high. Not fair in my opinion.
                            Well lets see where you are on the "good connection, crisp feeling shot, dodge off wall when falling list" .... holy crap! Here's the problem look how low you are on the list!

Actually Born answered the majority of the issues you discussed. I'm amazed you've played here this long and are just now asking these questions.

The wall dodge thing, we run 2K3style and an actual WORKING version of the mutator. The one that shipped with 2K4 was and still is broken. 2K3Style adds the boost dodging, fast weapon switching from UT2003 that is why your wall dodges feel funny (you are doing it wrong) We have run 2K3Style since 2004 and no I won't remove it. Learn how to use it and you will blossom like a spring orchid grasshopper!

As for falling a long way, don't do that. I use my shied when i fall, if you use it right you can fall a long long way and take zero damage. But once again, learn how to use it grasshopper!

Originally posted by Angelfire
                            UT2003 Boostdodging

You may be asking yourself what exactly is a "Boostdodge" dont I do it all the time when I press LEFT-LEFT-JUMP well NO
                            that is a "DodgeJump" "Boostdodging" is a special and EXTREMELY hard move to do in UT2003 that requires alot of practice and precise
                            timing but once it is mastered it can make you go 25% farther than a regular jump or DodgeJump and can help you reach
                            places that could not be reached with a regular jump so I decided to make this web page devoted to the art of Boostdodging
                            at first you may think this is an impossible move to pull off I know I did it took me a few hours to get it down but once I
                            learned how to do it I kept practicing it and now its very easy to do and is VERY useful.

More to come. stay tuned for a boost dodging tutorial.

Comment

oooooooo....Destiiiiinnnnn...Minion wants you to see him after class...hehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X