X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Ironhide-Redux-2K4

DM-Ironhide-Redux-2K4

**This is a Final map**

This has got to be the toughest map project I have ever worked on. Originally a UT99 map by Joe Swinbank (author of the Echo map), when giving me permission to alter the Echo map he also gave his permission to port his UT99 map Ironhide-Redux to the UT04 platform. As I said it was tough. The Minotaur map had over 4000 structural brushes used in it. And very intricate brush work at that. By comparison the Ironhide map has only about 1000 brushes in it. But if you took around 600 of those brushes, disassembled them, put them in a box and shook it up violently, then dumped it into my Unreal Ed app, and then turned off the lights...That's the difficulty I had in resurrecting this map. But I think I have done about a 99% accurate job of the port. I had to take a few liberties because UT99 and UT04 are very different. I also added a little lipstick where needed and a little more you won't notice in TAM.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 12-16-2017, 04:18 PM. Reason: edit map name
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Sounds awesome Bob, I can't wait to see it.

Comment

We had a chance to vote this one in too tonight Bob, unfortunaely there were far too many players on it. The map looks awesome though and would be a very nice 2v2 or 3v3 map in my opinion. Well done sir!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
        We had a chance to vote this one in too tonight Bob, unfortunaely there were far too many players on it. The map looks awesome though and would be a very nice 2v2 or 3v3 map in my opinion. Well done sir!
        The size of the map will handle 4v4 but that's about all. The sweet spot is 3v3. IMHO.

Having said that i gave you the wrong map file last week. I am so sorry. I had kin coming in and was in a hurry. My bad.

You should delete the map named "...Ironhide" and keep the "...Ironhide-Redux" map. (Delete the older one and keep the one I posted today.)

I also gave you the wrong CarPark map. Read the post.

On another note you may as well return the front page to normal. There's not much action going on there and I can't say for sure if I will continue making maps or not. Probably not.
        "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

Uploaded and exchanged. Thank you Bob for your work on this one, and for all the other maps you have made for our enjoyment.

Comment

Working...
          X