Ram Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I forgot you said you had 2 ram modules. Anyways glad to hear your up and running
      system specs
      q6600 quad core 2.4 gightz
      4 gigs ram , 128 ssd
      ati 6570 i think
      windows 7

Comment

Actually had 4 sticks of 2gb... now have 2 sticks of 8gb..
        "If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." -Brooke Shields

Comment

Been using Kingston HyperX sticks for the last couple of builds. Rock steady and priced well too. Prior to that I used Mushkin or Corsair.
          Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Bluesman View Post
            Been using Kingston HyperX sticks for the last couple of builds. Rock steady and priced well too. Prior to that I used Mushkin or Corsair.
            I always go Crucial or Kingston. I've not had any good luck with Corsair. Mushkin is ok, they were bought by Avant in 2011. So far, they use the Mushkin as their higher end RAM.

If you go into your bios, you may actually be able to set that RAM to the speed advertised, most motherboards will allow that since the RAM isn't linked to the CPU front side bus. You might get what you paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Batman View Post

If you go into your bios, you may actually be able to set that RAM to the speed advertised, most motherboards will allow that since the RAM isn't linked to the CPU front side bus.
              I thought an AMD 3 processor had an onboard memory controller like an Intel i5/i7 and no longer used the northbridge FSB to control memory speed?

Comment

Actually minion, AMD did it before intel starting with their athlon 64 cpus back in socket 939.

Comment

Agreed, I wasn't trying to state that Intel did it first, only that they were the same in that regard.

Comment

Yes sir they are

Comment

Working...
                    X