Clear All

• Prey

Graphics: 9/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Replay value: 9/10
    Price: $5-20 retail, also on Steam
    Overall: 9/10

This game was sadly overlooked by alot of ppl, I really don't know why its a GREAT game. It's a very polished Doom3 engine game so the graphics are good and it uses x-fi/x-ram for sound which makes it awesome with 5.1 headphones. The single player is too easy but still very fun and has some cool scenes in it. Ever wonder what its like to be abducted by aliens while Blue Oyster Cult is playing? Play prey single player, best single player scene ever. Lots of little interactive goodies too. Like video poker machines and juke boxes lol.

The multiplayer is tons of fun, crazy ass maps where you walk on walls and ceilings and little planets and go thru weird portals. Gravity switches anyone? Oh yeah, it is CRAZY fun. Really blows your mind the first few times you play. The movement is limited to bunny hopping but its ok because the weapons do crazy damage. OMG the weapons! They are crazy too! Acid sprayers and little grenade/proxi mine critters lol. A rocket launcher that sprays a shield cloud for secondary fire. It even has some weird flying vehicle things on a couple maps. It can get a little spammy and the spawns are silly sometimes but this game is just plain FUN. Period.

I would buy a HTM prey server if you guys would play with me. Anyone?

Either way: GO BUY PREY! Damn it! Try something different, I'm tired of playing 2k4!!! It's really fun! Please? lol.

P.S. There is a small mod community for it too, there are a few custom maps and a competition mod with brightskins and strafe jumping, google "prey xcomp"
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

At this point I'd be willing to give it a shot.I think the more variety we have the better.

http://www.prey.com/flash.html

$20. to DL

http://www.direct2drive.com/2373/pro...g&esvtk_s=bgss

Give it a shot when I get home later today.
    sigpic

Comment

I tell yeah... this game was good! It had portals u could go in and warp to other places.. Example
      You are being chaced by a buy a bad guy,you run in this room,there is a glass cube and a mini planet in it,u find a portal in this hallway you go inside it.The portal takes you inside the little box with the little planet,the guy that was chaceing look's like a massive huge giant because you are so small inside the little box walking on the little planet. I got this game @ eb games fore $3.50 special edition also.

Comment

Multiplayer?

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
          Multiplayer?
          Must be if Eye is talking server.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh... I got bored halfway through his post and missed the server part. Damn A.D.D.!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
              Oh... I got bored halfway through his post and missed the server part. Damn A.D.D.!

It's that oldtimers thing. lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freak
                It's that oldtimers thing. lol
                Hey,don't bring me into this!!!!!

Actually played it when it first came out,really enjoyed it,myself.
                In Memory of Anna Dixon
                Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|old_timer
                  Hey,don't bring me into this!!!!!

Actually played it when it first came out,really enjoyed it,myself.

Ok, OlzzTimers. lol Dl'd the demo,Shhhhh I get no where.Go around in circles trying to figure how the hell to get any farther.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes it does have multiplayer, only DM and TDM tho It's just a good simple fun little FPS. Its has all these weird features which make it pretty interesting I think.

You'll be lost until you learn the maps a little bit, the weapons are self explanatory. The big shield is a big peace pipe lol, I like peace pipes

There are no USA servers right now, one just came up in the UK which I ping about 80-100. So Ill PM Assraker to see how much he wants for a Prey server
                    sigpic

Comment

OMG a game with an apparent future? lol

Prey 2
                      sigpic

Comment

It is mutiplayer, for I did have a server running it at one point (when it first came out).

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Assraker
                          It is mutiplayer, for I did have a server running it at one point (when it first came out).

Exactly how old IS this game?

Comment

uhhh 2006? I think. It came out after quake 4 I know.

*EDIT: yes 2006.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't seem to enjoy going through the stupid story line,then spending 20 mins with a stupid pipe wrench for a weapon.Give me the damn weapons and lets get on with it.lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X