• Show
Clear All

• Gears of War for Windows

Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Gameplay: 6/10
    Replay Value: 5/10
    Overall: 8/10

Well I just finished playing GoW for windows single player and I gotta say... it's pretty damn good. <sigh> The graphics are outstanding, in fact I had to turn down post processing to make it run well, those of you with physX cards should check this one out. The gameplay was very slow for my taste, the movement is very structured. Move, aim, cover, shoot bad guys. It's a good hybrid of crazy UT style weaponry and some sort of tactical style shooter. Online multiplayer for PC is a joke, there might be a few games but you have no control over what you see. You must have a "Games for windows live GOLD" acct. to get all the good stuff. Silver accts are free and give you basic online capability. Signing up can be a pain. Though I heard somewhere that M$ might make it all free, but I wouldn't hold my breath***.

Lots of blood, chainsawed fingers and bones... blood caked and screaming murder... <sinks into catatonia>

***EDIT: Games for windows live IS free now apparently, my bad.
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

Can't wait for Duck and shoot 2! (sarcasticly speaking)

Comment

Enemies! Quick! Hide and fire like a sprinkler!

Minus you should get this game, I bet we could make some hilarious machinema.
      sigpic

Comment

Yea I'm getting 2 for the 360 and GOW was on the 360 also.

I agree with most of your review except replay. I've played through the whole thing going on my 5th time now.

Comment

well the 360 version has xbox live, which has lots of players. The only reason why I gave it a crappy replay is because games for windows live sucks IMO. Single player is good tho.
          sigpic

Comment

i gott a agree with both ya.. the single player was good.. I finished the game on the hardest setting online.. worst thing a player leaves your goes back to mian menu.. i beat it 2 times,that does not happen alot..
            i would say
            Graphics: 6/10 what is colur?
            Sound: 6/10 annoying talking ai people.
            Gameplay: 3/10 ware is the health pickus?
            Replay Value: 7/10 7 due to online co-op,help a friendd or get help.
            Overall: 5.5/10

Comment

Working...
            X