X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribes Ascend

From the press release...

Tribes: Ascend Launches Today as Free-To-Play

ATLANTA. April 12, 2012. Hi-Rez Studios, independent developer of AAA free-to-play online games, today announced the official release of Tribes: Ascend. The fast-paced, sci-fi multiplayer shooter has completed Beta testing and is now a live PC game available for digital download.

Tribes: Ascend is the world’s fastest shooter. The game features jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, team-based gameplay, and cutting-edge graphics using Unreal 3 technology. With this official release, the game is available for download directly from the developer at www.tribesascend.com.

The Tribes: Ascend release build includes 9 playable classes, 5 game-modes, and 16 unique maps.

Recent additions include the CTF map Raindance, as well as a new game-mode called Capture and Hold. The Release build also includes a preview of the Custom Server functionality that will soon be available to players.

“For the past 15 months, we’ve had a very passionate dev team working hard toward this goal”, said Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. “Along the way some publishers told us modern gamers couldn’t handle an FPS that was fast-paced and skill-based. We believe otherwise. Players seem to agree since we’ve had well over 500,000 join our Beta. We’re excited to now grow the community further with the official release.”

Hi-Rez Studios also released a summary of Beta statistics including:

575,000+ beta participants
    150 million player kills
    Over 3 million Blue Plate Specials
    Over 3 million flag captures

-----

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-70Bg2zRsg[/media]

There is a video of beta gameplay on the main site and you can view screens on the media kit area here --> Media Kit

So far it looks nice. I have signed up and installed but have not played it yet. I'll update this when I get the chance.

.:Q:.

I played it a lil bit, it didn't run too well on my PC so I didn't really give it more than like 15 mins worth of playtime.

Looks fun, kind of like a militarized version of quake, it has some advanced movement, they call it "skiing", basically you can slide down any inclined surface and also there is a jetpack which allows for flying. You use the skiing and jetpack to gain speed, kinda fun but still linear. I didn't see much of the weapons so I dunno.

*ahem* IMHO though, Still not as good as UT2K4. But I'm horribly biased lol.

Fancy graphics, but still somewhat static movement and gameplay IMO.

Still free to play and worth a try for sure. 7/10 stars.
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X