Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Son ordered the Collector's Edition.

Comment

I'm having real issues trying to find any information regarding dedicated servers, have any of you seen anything?

Comment

"Doom 4 might also feature dedicated servers unlike Rage.[24]Doom 4 might also feature dedicated servers unlike Rage.[24]Doom 4 might also feature dedicated servers unlike Rage.[24]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(2016_video_game)

Not an answer but at least some info.
        Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

that statue is freaking awesome!

Comment

DOOM.COM/BETA

Comment

Wish this wasn't a steam game.

Figures,guess my old 260's won't run the game.

Configured log listener print-redirect tags
              Added structured log listener print-redirect
              Added structured log listener mp-cloud-gobbler
              2016-04-17T10:28:47.771-04:00 LOG: Process started
              Winsock Initialized
              ------ Initializing File System ------
              Current search path:
              - C:/Users/Freak/Saved Games/id Software/DOOM_OpenBeta/base/
              - E:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/DOOM Open Beta/base/
              ------ File System initialized.
              ------ Command Line ------
              "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM Open Beta\DOOMx64.exe" +net_versionchecksum 4092634987
              2016-04-17T10:28:47.782-04:00 LOG: Command Line: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM Open Beta\DOOMx64.exe" +net_versionchecksum 4092634987
              ------ CPU Information ------
              1 CPU package, 4 physical cores, 8 logical cores
              3373 MHz Intel CPU with MMX & SSE & SSE2 & SSE3 & SSSE3 & SSE41 & SSE42 & HTT
              32768 kB 1st level cache, 262144 kB 2nd level cache, 8388608 kB 3rd level cache
              12272 MB System Memory
              Unknown command 'BuildInfo'
              idLib::SetProduction( PROD_PRODUCTION )
              ------- Initializing renderSystem --------
              PreliminaryRenderSetup
              ---registered window class
              ---registered fake window class
              ---registered context window class
              unknown error: 0xc007000d
              No address, error: 487
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9ddd9d3d( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9dd5c8c1( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9dd4d18d( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9d3129e1( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9d3128a7( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9d312731( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9d31dba2( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9d31923b( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9db5355d( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9c98fc68( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
              DOOMx64.exe @ 0x9dde93eb( ) + bytes () : GetGameSystemInterface( )
              KERNEL32.DLL @ 0xb31e8102( ) + bytes () : BaseThreadInitThunk( )
              ntdll.dll @ 0xb333c5b4( ) + bytes () : RtlUserThreadStart( )
              FATAL ERROR: wglCreateContextAttribsARB failed
              sigpic

Comment

I had the same error when I attempted to load the game on my laptop. I hope my gaming PC works out a little better, of course it's too late to find out now until the game is released.

Laptop Specs:
                • CPU - Intel i7 4510 2.0 GHz
                • RAM - 12.0 GB
                • GPU - Nvidia GeForce 840M

Below are the minimum requirements for Doom 4.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have played this thru Steam, just the multi-player is available. It seems pretty cool but I need a new PC with better specs or I don't get a high enough display setting and it lags a little with FPS kinda low. Time for a new PC soon.
                  http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/0/herculon7.png

Comment

Doom open beta gets hellish reviews on Steam

Monday, 18 April 2016 08:35 GMT

Last week, the Doom open beta came to all platforms, but not everyone was impressed.

An overwhelming 63 per cent of players that rated the Doom open beta on Steam gave it a negative review.

The general consensus amongst the negative reviews is that it feels more like Halo than Doom. The more succinct comments ranged from, “Never could get into Halo games”, to, “Not a big fan of Masterchief’s new look,” with a few Call of Duty references peppering the page.

“You’d think a game where you can play as a demon armed with a jetpack and multiple rocket launchers would manage to feel well… anything. It manages to not do anything badly but somehow also not do anything particularly well either.

“Somehow, despite the features that sound so awesome, the effects that look admittedly rather good and the prestige of being a game in the DOOM series, this is one of the most unambitious, least exciting and just plain dull games I’ve managed to play. If it was to be a free to play game, fair enough, but anyone paying £40 for this on release is bound to be disappointed by the fact that the new Unreal Tournament game slated for release this year is probably going to be better,” said another user.

Game developer and fan of the series, Gary Riches, told the BBC, “I still like Doom 4 but it doesn’t feel like Doom 4, it feels like a sequel to Quake or Unreal Tournament. To me that’s disappointing. It’s still cool, it looks nice but it has lost what makes it Doom.”

Obviously the reviews aren’t all bad, and the game is still in beta, but not much of the fundamental gameplay is going to change in four weeks.

If you’ve had a chance to play the beta, weigh in with your thoughts below. Should Doom fans shell out for the reboot or give it a miss?

Doom is out on May 13 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Comment

If the reviews keep coming in negative I may just cancel my preorder and wait for it to hit the bargain bins. Not wanting to pay full price for a game that isn't great.
                      Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

SMH. I knew there would be Halo references after I saw the melee action. I posted the beta video on FB and the people I tagged said "dude this is halo with the blood code enabled"

Whatever. I have to try it. Also I don't put much faith in internet nerd reviews. Same reason I don't goto Epic forums lol.
                        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Bluesman
                          If the reviews keep coming in negative I may just cancel my preorder and wait for it to hit the bargain bins. Not wanting to pay full price for a game that isn't great.
                          This too.
                          Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
                          sigpic

Comment

Gonna hold off buying it until I hear from other mem's if it's worth having and if we have our own server.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Bluesman
                              Keep in mind that it was the BETA version that was reviewed. If they care about the consumers they will tweak game play a bit before full release.

I'm not going to cancel my order just yet. I don't really know who these reviewers are, they may hate Unreal Tournament and the new DOOM may be right up our alley.

Originally posted by Freak
                              Gonna hold off buying it until I hear from other mem's if it's worth having and if we have our own server.
                              I still haven't seen any definitive information regarding hosting a server, I have read it should be possible though.

Comment

Yes, this is Beta and they want feedback. So what if the uniforms look a little like the master chief? The Doom arena's are nothing like Halo's as far as I know, so I heard people call it Halo re-booted too, and it really doesn't matter to me. What I want is the awesome single player... worth every penny, I'm sure.
                                http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/0/herculon7.png

Comment

Working...
                                X