crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash

I crashed my main drive and get an error on the boot saying missing NTDLR.Anyone know what the hell that is and if so how to fix?
    sigpic

Originally posted by HTM|Freak
    I crashed my main drive and get an error on the boot saying missing NTDLR.Anyone know what the hell that is and if so how to fix?
    "NTLDR (abbreviation of NT Loader) is the boot loader for Windows NT, including its later versions (2000/XP/Server 2003/Longhorn). NTLDR can be run either from a floppy disk or the primary hard disk. The partition on which it is executed must be FAT or NTFS."
    Try booting from the XP disc and perform a "repair". Your pc can't load it's operating system without NTLDR.

Comment

I booted from xp disc and did repair,didn't fix. I have xp on my storage drive so I could boot up and replace corrupt files,which I've had to do several times.Is it possible to do it that way?
      sigpic

Comment

I booted from xp disc and did repair,didn't fix. I have xp on my storage drive so I could boot up and replace corrupt files,which I've had to do several times.Is it possible to do it that way?
        You know NTLDR is the first file it looks for when booting...it IS possible the drive is bad and it can't read anything..and just gives you the NTLRD error.
        When you booted from the XP disc and it scanned the drive did it say it was ok?

Comment

Went through all the paces,delete and reinstalled files.Then it rebooted to the same message.All my other files on the drive appear fine.Did a check disk about a week ago.
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like the drive is going tits up.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Assraker
              Sounds like the drive is going tits up.
              yeah....I had that error a couple years back and ended up replacing the drive.

Comment

might i ask the make/models of these drives, for future reference?
                The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

I run 2 raptor 34 gig in raid and WD 160 gig for storage.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was googling and found this... it may help. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

Comment

I run 2 raptor 34 gig in raid and WD 160 gig for storage.
                      Seagate drives, ftw (5yr warranty). WD drives have a very unflattering nickname in the industry among techs, as do the Raptors. They are not very reliable.

I hope you get everything straightened out.

Comment

It seemed both drives were bad cause I got the same message with both.Went to WD web site and downloaded software to check and repair.I made a bootable disk,didn't work said couldn't load dos.I loaded the program on storage drive and transfered the boot from storage to my raptor.Works fine,drives are still good.Lost every damn thing I had on the drives though. lol.Be several days getting everything back up and running right.
                        sigpic

Comment

I would stress test those bad boys before I loaded too much on them...something caused the original issue....

Comment

Trans files to 1 drive and filled it to the max ran check disk and defrag,seems to be fine.
                            sigpic

Comment

ive allways used seagate

Comment

Working...
                              X