GG Comcast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG Comcast!

For a while now I've noticed my pings have been unusually high to Dallas. I used to have any where from 30 to 40, now my pings are close to 100 so i finally decided to run a tacert and see what's up.

OMG... looks like I leave Houston and go to Dallas, then to DENVER then SAN JOSE and back to Dallas...wtf?

Looks like it may be time for AT&T
    Code:
      1)     <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1

2)      5 ms     5 ms     6 ms  73.211.16.1

3)      6 ms     5 ms     6 ms  ge-3-29-ur02.strack.tx.houston.comcast.net 

4)     11 ms     7 ms     8 ms  te-9-4-ar01.royalton.tx.houston.comcast.net 

5)      8 ms     8 ms     *     po-11-ar02.royalton.tx.houston.comcast.net 

6)      8 ms    10 ms     9 ms  po-17-ar02.greenspoint.tx.houston.comcast.net 

7)     15 ms    15 ms    14 ms  pos-0-6-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net 

8)    29 ms    29 ms    29 ms  pos-0-15-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net

9)    77 ms    85 ms     *     te-0-1-0-7-cr01.sanjose.ca.ibone.comcast.net 

10)     78 ms    79 ms    78 ms  te-1-1-pr01.11greatoaks.ca.ibone.comcast.net 

11)     79 ms    79 ms    78 ms  68.86.88.250

12)     97 ms    96 ms    95 ms  hagg-03-ge-0-0-0-460.dlfw.twtelecom.net 

13)     98 ms    98 ms    96 ms  ge-1-2.core2.colo4dallas.net

14)    97 ms    98 ms    97 ms  206.123.64.54

15)     97 ms    98 ms    97 ms  72.29.117.197
    **EDIT** from what I've gathered it looks like I've been lucky enough to make it to Comcast's "blacklist". I suppose all my ftp file movement has made me a target for their "filtering" which apparently takes place in SanJose. This is such bullshit... this is the reward I get for maintaining gameservers?

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
    For a while now I've noticed my pings have been unusually high to Dallas. I used to have any where from 30 to 40, now my pings are close to 100 so i finally decided to run a tacert and see what's up.

OMG... looks like I leave Houston and go to Dallas, then to DENVER then SAN JOSE and back to Dallas...wtf?

Looks like it may be time for AT&T
    **EDIT** from what I've gathered it looks like I've been lucky enough to make it to Comcast's "blacklist". I suppose all my ftp file movement has made me a target for their "filtering" which apparently takes place in SanJose. This is such bullshit... this is the reward I get for maintaining gameservers?
    Good thing they don't charge by the mile.My only dispute with AT&T is they won't let me have the package the tech said tested fine on my line.
    sigpic

Comment

I called comcast and complained that my ping to Dallas was too high and that I wanted to be rerouted. They said that a "tier 2" tech would call me because that was beyond their level. Now I wait up to 48 hours for a call...

They seemed shocked that I knew why I was being routed through San Jose, I told them the IP addresses of the game servers and that they could check all my data transfers and verify that it was to the servers and not peer to peer file sharing.

Comment

Backbone ISP's also make sure your packets are not routed too directly. I mean sure you live in Houston and Dallas is prolly one or two hops away, but they cant have everybody going over the same links otherwise all the direct routes would become saturated and the internet would break. Thats prolly another reason for the 15 hop route to a city 100 mile to the north of you. They have to keep a certain amount of redundancy in all routes. That and your on their blacklist, hahaha.

Theres that "hagg" router again, thats the sob that gave me trouble en route to Sanctuary. We don't like that router, or twteleom for that matter.

No Verizon internet there?
        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
        sigpic

Comment

I have the option of 6MB AT&T dsl which is much faster than the last time I tried dsl at 1.2 MB. The AT&T switch is right in front of my sub division i had a great connection last time I used it, but the speed was too slow for uploading files and stuff. I also have this AT&T fiber optic running through the neighborhood, but I see no where that it is mentioned on their web site.

Comment

Thats the elite package they won't let me have.Hell when we moved the dsl from 1 house to the other I had to fight with them to get the pro package back.If it hadn't been for the tech that tested my line telling them what I had and my threat of ripping out every phone line on the property I never would have gotten my package back.
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like the same stuff thats going on here, salesmen oversell the network faster than the line techs can run the wires to handle the additional traffic. I swear one of these days im gonna run my own wires and start my own ISP lol. It's only like 15k per mile... I think i can swing that hehehe.
              sigpic

Comment

Love my ATT DSL!
                In Memory of Anna Dixon
                Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Hey Min, I'll trade you my ATT dial up for your shitty dsl.
                  sigpic

WHY RENT WHEN YOU CAN OWN! - HTM~UnH!nged, 2008

Comment

I recently contacted comast customer support in regard to my issue. The told me flat out "THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO HELP YOU" .... so my new at&t dsl came online today. I'm getting 6MB down and 768 up and my old 90 + ping to Dallas with comcast is now 24-30 with at&t.

Let's see how long this one lasts...

HTML Code:
                    Tracing route to 72.29.117.197 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.254
                      2     6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  adsl-66-142-153-254.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net [66.14
                    2.153.254]
                      3     *        7 ms     6 ms  151.164.245.1
                      4     6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  bb1-g14-0.hstntx.sbcglobal.net [151.164.92.204]

5    13 ms    13 ms    13 ms  ex1-p2-0.eqdltx.sbcglobal.net [151.164.40.33]
                      6    23 ms    13 ms    13 ms  151.164.249.246
                      7    13 ms    13 ms    17 ms  hagg-03-ge-1-0-0-459.dlfw.twtelecom.net [64.129.
                    234.20]
                      8    14 ms    14 ms    13 ms  ge-1-2.core2.colo4dallas.net [206.123.64.30]
                      9    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  206.123.64.54
                     10    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  72.29.117.197

Trace complete.

Comment

heh

looks like you got a good ping thru that "hagg" router. I hate that thing. Thats the one that gave me all sorts of PL.
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't think at&t will pull any comcastic tricks on you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wait until AT&T flips the NSA switch when they think you are a terrorist, then your ping will suck, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Assraker
                            Wait until AT&T flips the NSA switch when they think you are a terrorist, then your ping will suck, lol.
                            I would ask how you know that...but I'd rather not.

Comment

Funny how I ran across this thread. My connection to the servers I am constantly playing all go through DC, and/or Virginia with a decent ping from 36 up to 170. I might show 68 on NBK's server, but I can tell when it speeds up and slows down by how much goo I can wear w/o dying.

How do I find out if I am included in the dreaded Comcrapstic "blacklist"?

Comment

Working...
                              X