UT3 crash randomly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 crash randomly?

This addresses x-fi cards specifically but may impact others as well, just a heads up for those of you with 5.1 sound.

OpenAL Crash
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

You know every system I've ever had with Sound Blasters in them (with the exception of the original SB16 I had) crash during games at some point with a stuttering sound looping as it goes down in flames. Well not literally in flames, but I think I'm done with sound blasters.

Comment

Originally posted by cUnNiNg_StUnTs
      You know every system I've ever had with Sound Blasters in them (with the exception of the original SB16 I had) crash during games at some point with a stuttering sound looping as it goes down in flames. Well not literally in flames, but I think I'm done with sound blasters.
      Gen was disappointed with his sb when he built his new system.He told me they were terrible about staying up to date with their drivers,they are always 2 steps behind.
      sigpic

Comment

I've had no problems with my Razer AC-1 card, but in the past all my creative stuff seemed very finicky.

Comment

i've never had a problem with creative. Seems this is an issue between ut3 and SB x-fi.
          sigpic

Comment

And all the problems are someone else's,this has been going on for over 2 years.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=a...ead&arc_id=107
            sigpic

Comment

lol I have an ATI/AMD chipset.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~ZenEye
                lol I have an ATI/AMD chipset.
                You still have the other 1 too?
                sigpic

Comment

that one had an ati/amd chipset too. I'm in the process of RMA'ing the asus board.
                  sigpic

Comment

The second option in that thread on epics forum seems to work, i replaced the files from the ut3\binaries dir with the ones from windows\system32 dir. So far so good. I hope writing this post doesn't jinx it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X