No announcement yet.

Whoah... no POST... how to diagnose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eVGA just authorized my RMA for the motherboard. It gets UPS'd back tomorrow. I'm still waiting on the PSU RMA authorization...
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    -- Galileo Galilei

Comment

There's a happy ending here.

The mighty blue flashlight is back up and running.

I believe that my case was shorting out my motherboard. It's a Thermaltake Armor and the little tabs set up for using the BTX form factor were probably most likely hitting some contacts on the back of the mobo. Installing the heavier GTX 260 video cards cause the board to flex I believe. What a pain. At least it's something I can fix with several layers of electrical tape. TT cases are pretty but you gotta watch out. They'll turn on you as soon as look at you.

I finally fired up UT2004 again for the first time in months this weekend. Man, I can't believe how much fun it still is. I spent some good quality late night gaming time on Nachos&Beer AS and )o( ONS.
      "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
      -- Galileo Galilei

Comment

Why not join us on Sanctuary,somebody is on every night.
        sigpic

Comment

Glad to see you are back up and running, Coyote!
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Freak
            Why not join us on Sanctuary,somebody is on every night.
            I'm on sporadically these days but have more time on the weekends. When do you all usually get on the server? Also, do you use TS? I see the TS display on the main HTM page but nobody's there usually.
            -- Galileo Galilei

Comment

Sanctuary usually has players from 5-8 PM or so. As far as TS, we don't use it all the time but if someone joins you'll usually end up with a few on there.

Comment

hey i get the same prob on my dell xps 720 when overclookering it some time it dont come back on so what i do is reset the bios

i run a

6600q

8gb of ram

500gb

and to sli 8800gtxs

what motherboard do you run NVIDIA nForce 680i ? if so that the same one of me 2

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKaKj6uRLSM&feature=PlayList&p=768EEE3485A 7A8FF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLaoajhiN_k&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exU85jk9UyM&feature=related[/media]

Comment

Hi Lagger, yeah, trying to reset the BIOS was the first thing I did. Unfortunately, the board was pretty much dead and nothing I could do could resurrect it (both of them actually).

The machine is perfectly fine now and I've even OC'd it a few times without problems (save for heat so I got a bigger HS).
                    -- Galileo Galilei

Comment

Working...
                    X