xps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xps

Spoke too soon,mine bit it a couple days ago.Turn it on only to hear the fans running,nothing on screen at all.Not sure wtf it is. Shit happens!!
    sigpic

Test your voltage output on your power supply. A cmos battery can do weird things when it dies too, make sure that fellow has proper voltage as well (I'd prolly check that first as it is easiest to do).

Comment

Got on the laptop and talked to Dell,they had me disconnect & reseat a few things batt too.Works fine now,weird glitch I guess.
      sigpic

Comment

That sounds like a failing PSU to me. Wasn't Lagger just on here asking about power issues lol? Dell's PSU's suck, your running that physX card right? Time to start looking for more wattage

I like this place, they got everything you need for cases/PSU's: Xoxide
        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Psu is fine,have 1000 watt here.Why would you say they suck?Ever have 1 from dell?How many did you return when you were building your machine?lol
          sigpic

Comment

I think Lagger was only having a PSU issue because he was adding a second GPU and the system was configured for a single unit.

Other than emachines the proprietary PSU's seems to hold up fairly well from what I've seen.

Comment

They gave you a 1k? wow. My bad. I returned 2 PSU's because I was hoping it was the problem, but alas it was the mobo

My experience with Dell is with their standard desktops, never cracked open a XPS/Gamer machine. They actually use quality parts in those huh?
              Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
              sigpic

Comment

i have got 1000 xps wt run good for me but the 750 work ok for me two i won't a biger one my dell xps pc ran good for but i have bin adding bit on to so hmmmmm

o and one of my harddisk fu up so need new one of them £££££££ all thetime lol

and i am buying some new ram http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-GB-4GB-2x-2G...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Lagger
                  i have got 1000 xps wt run good for me but the 750 work ok for me two i won't a biger one my dell xps pc ran good for but i have bin adding bit on to so hmmmmm

o and one of my harddisk fu up so need new one of them £££££££ all thetime lol

and i am buying some new ram http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-GB-4GB-2x-2G...d=p3286.c0.m14
                  Translation: It worked ok until I started f***ing with it...lol.

Comment

Thank Min I was having trouble figuring out that foreign lingo.I tried fox lingo and it said WTF. lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X