HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!

Alright,here's my problem,I updated the drivers for my X1950Pro vid card to the latest catalyst drivers.When I tried to restart my computer,it hung up.After several tries at getting it to restart,I pulled the vid card out,and replaced it with my old 9700 card.When my pc rebooted,it told me that overclocking had failed,and to reset everything in my bios (mind you,I'm not overclocking to begin with).So,then,I reset my bios,pc started fine.Shut it down,replaced with the newer vid card,same problem,had to put the old card back in.Tried uninstalling the catalyst and drivers,and starting from scratch,but nothing seems to help.Find it hard to believe that a card that's barely a year old has already crapped out,even replaced the power supply thinking that may be my problem,but to no avail.So,anyone have any ideas?
    In Memory of Anna Dixon
    Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Sounds like what I was going through when I gave up on the card & went back to nvidia.When I got it to boot it played like crap even after uninstalling all the nvidia drivers & software.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah,it's F'ed up,it's worked great all this time,then when i try to update the drivers,it went bonkers.It has a 3 pin setup with a jumper,but I'm not sure if it's to clear the memory on it,or what.I'm completely baffled.
      In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Have no idea man. My mother board that I had less than two years crapped out on me.
        B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

Got no clue either bro,the big reason I'd never buy another ati card they baffle me.
          sigpic

Comment

Have you tried the VPU recovery function of the ATI Catalyst program to reset all the functions of the processor on the problem card? When you uninstalled the drivers and catalyst, did you try rolling back to the previous driver? Are you running the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Also, it may seem irrelevant, but do a memory diagnostic test. Click start, in the search box type MdSched.exe when the search result pops up click on it. It will prompt you to restart your computer to run the diagnostic.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm running two X1800's in Crossfire and have had very few issues. The only time my rig locked up with an overclock fault was when I tried to double the ram on a 32 bit system. (2 GB to 4 GB, had to go back to 2 GB)

Looks like amd did away with ati's online service/ support when they took over. I've got the old ph. number for customer service, but I don't know if it's still good. M-F 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST 1-877-284-1566 toll free.
              sigpic

WHY RENT WHEN YOU CAN OWN! - HTM~UnH!nged, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|old_timer
                It has a 3 pin setup with a jumper,but I'm not sure if it's to clear the memory on it,or what.I'm completely baffled.
                You talking about the GPU or mobo? My ATI cards that have 3 pin connectors are for a floppy style power supply input.

Comment

The GPU has a 3 pin setup with a jumper on it,the kind that you would see on the Mobo to clear the cmos.Not sure what this is for.
                  In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Is it possible you haven't enough power on that rail for the vid card & maybe it's been running under powered?
                    sigpic

Comment

That was my first thought,so I went and bought a bigger power supply.The card requires a 450 watt power supply,I had a 550 watt,and replaced with a 680 watt.I tested the old power supply with a tester,and it checked good,but I replaced it anyways.VPU recovery is turned on,but it still says overclocking failed.Tried the card in a different machine,and it wouldn't boot,although I not sure the power supply is big enough in that machine to work.Stick it in my box,the hard drive light hangs,and apparently it doesn't get a signal to my monitor.
                      In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Beginning to sound like it bit the dust. Your not alone though,think Brando's 7600 bit it too at about a year. Getting harder to find the agp cards too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Tell me about it.Tiger Direct has a few,though.
                          In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Problem solved....ordered the HIS Radeon HD4350,last night.

Still,found out you can flash the bios on the X1950 Pro,going to try that since it was the update that started all of my problems.
                            In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Working...
                            X