Stupid Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Desktop

Ahh! My Desktop is being stupid! It has this Warning sign then it says "Your computer might be infected! CLICK HERE!" And it's just a page where you buy this spyware stoppers! I hit properties, but it says that it's like an image and not a desktop. So I go to my control panel and it shows that it's on my origional Desktop! :cry:

Do you have any anti-spyware programs? What browser do you use? If your using internet explorer. I personally like spybot and adaware used in combination. Spybot will/should remove your current problem then ban alot of bad IP's for you. Be carefull where you get these programs though.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4505-5_7-208...ml?legacy=cnet

Get spybot first then do an update, immunize then search and destroy.

Next I would run Lavasoft adaware. Make sure to update this as well

http://reviews.cnet.com/Lavasoft_Ad-...-31349711.html

There are alot of different programs out there. These two I believe where the first. They have worked great for me. Plus they are Free. I hear Spyware blaster is good too.

If your still having problems get hijackthis so you can see what all is running on your computer and in your startup.

Next time please post these kind of questions in the tech support section :wink: -Thanks
    B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

Man reading this and moving to PC is scary. I just don't think I'm gonna like all the security/virus stuff.
      No matter where WE are WE are always connected.

Comment

Originally posted by FhaeTon
        Man reading this and moving to PC is scary. I just don't think I'm gonna like all the security/virus stuff.

A pc used for gaming is generally very safe. Problems usually occur when you go to sites you shouldn't.

I personally don't even have antivirus on my gamer. But I use it for gaming and forums primarily, and I can't seem to get the forum virus to work yet.

Oh...and keep using your mac for an email client!

Comment

Rgr I' gonna keep all secure info off and away from this comp it will be used for Graphics and Games and related and thats it.

Comment

When it says click here to get rid of spy ware and stuff like that...its simple, dont click there. as soon as you "click there" the company selling the anti-spyware technology infects you with a spyware. If you did not google or yahoo search for what has popped up....click X for god sake. It is very very simple. If you have used an anti spyware program before, you know that it does not detect with in a second if you have spy ware....unless it is the program it self putting it on there. I used to log in to pages and INSTANTLY they are like...oh you have spy ware...BS, as soon as I clicked it, yeah i had spyware, cuz the bastards put it on there.

Go to www.snapfiles.com now look under FREEWARE. get AVG free. (better than norton anti virus, but free) also get SPYBOT (pretty much best antispyware program) I have never gone wrong following the guidelines that I expressed, and using them two totally free programs. It is cool to have two hard drives too. (hard drives are cheap) RAID configurations especially own since (besides the X2 read speed increase) you have the SAME exact data on two drives. (if one goes bad, the operating system and every thing else is still on one, and fully bootable)

Oh yeah, if you are tired of spyware....use Mozilla firefox. Internet Explorer is IMPOSSIBLE to remove from your system, and using it is like relying on microsoft for security. (bad idea) I've never had spyware since I started using firefox. Looks nearly the same as IE too. Unlike Avant browser...it uses its own seperate browser code. (not IE)

Fire fox is also completely free. Every thing that keeps my system fully intact, and secure is total free ware. If you are not convinced of the effectiveness, check out ratings.

www.getfirefox.com

I dont run AVG anti virus, unless I just downloaded from a file sharing program. (aka right click, scan with AVG free) If you are not currently downloading anything, dont bother with running it on startup.

Actually, unless it is mouse drivers, go to RUN with your start key....it will has some thing to type on...type in msconfig

That will show services and start up items. Shut off nearly all of your start up items. (except for like mouse drivers) BTW shutting off start up items is 100 percent safe. Only affects you till next start up. it will make you start up up to 3 times as fast or more.

Phaeton, if you want to know more about windows...well PM me, I can help you with any thing. I can totally streamline your computer for video games. (aka increase FPS) doublej1881@hotmail.com is my MSN.

Windows is only as good as one makes it.

I am not a computer technician or nothing, but I spend every second of my day on my computer and browse tweek articles, and learn learn learn. I have been for many years.

(except for my 40 hour work weeks)
            If you want to watch a newbie middle aged drone flier crash a lot....
            John Jones Drones on youtube. No sound yet.....LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT...4aMgNBFZK2NF4A

Comment

I can tell ya this when I have question about Windows I'm gonna come knocking bro. I learned a boat load just reading that! :wink:

Comment

So first question is what version of windows should I Buy for Games?

Comment

Originally posted by FhaeTon
                  So first question is what version of windows should I Buy for Games?
                  XP Pro..or wait for Vista

Comment

Working...
                  X