I Tunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Tunes

Seems i-tunes & win7 don't mix well. Lost my dvd drive,it's not in control panel,drive doesn't show at all in windows.I can boot from it but that's it.

http://windows.bigresource.com/Track/windows7-gMEuYeZK/
    sigpic

I use iTUNES all of the time on win 7 and I have never had any issues. Are you running win7 64-bit and if so did you download iTUNES 64- bit? DO you still have iTUNES installed? I am guessing you uninstalled it. What you can try is http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/#tab0 that is Microsoft's automated Fix it solution center. Or what you can try is to go to your DVD Drive's manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers and try to install them again. I also found this:

A DVD drive not showing up in Windows 7 can have various reasons. One of the more common ones is if Windows 7 64-bit is installed on the computer. The 64-bit edition of Windows 7 verifies the digital signature of hardware drivers. If a driver cannot be verified it will be shown with a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager.

A quick workaround is to press F8 during boot to turn off digital signing. A permanent solution would be to disable the check of digital signatures completely:

1. Press Windows R, type regedit and press enter.

2. Open the Registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.

4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.

5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.

6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.

7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

I hope I was able to help some. Let me know how it turns out and if you're still having problems I'll keep trying to help find the solution.
    sigpic

Comment

Blue screen on restart,had to run start up repair,still no dvd.

This is bs, did everything on google and nothing works.Trying image recovery now.

Didn't work.Piss on itunes. I did have the 64 bit version.

Found itune had reinstalled when I restored to a mirror image, ah but I finally found a fix,it reinstalled my cd/dvd drive. Woot!! Here it is in case this happens to someone else too.

I had similar problem.

Try this:
      1. Go to Device manager.
      2. Under "Storage controller", right-click (in my case) GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller > Update Driver Software...
      3. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" option.
      4. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" option.
      5. Choose "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" device driver > Next. Close and restart your computer.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X