Hard crashes caused by web script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard crashes caused by web script?

I've been getting hard crashes lately on certain websites. Seems to happens when I scroll down too fast and the page is loading a lot of thumbnails. Flash content maybe? Quakelive, youtube, newegg and even HTM once or twice have caused my PC to require a reset. Other websites too, which makes me think it's some sort of scripting.

I've tried shutting off adblock plus and noscript, both individually and together and it still does it. I've also cleaned out my old video drivers recently with "driver sweeper" from guru3d.

Any of you web guru's got any idea whazzup? I'm planning on doing a fresh install soon anyway but if I can avoid it, that'd be nice.

HEP MEH! HEP MEH! SHUTUP! <goes into barn>
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

Which browser do you use? Tried another on the same site doing the same thing? You got any custom browser preferences set? Or do you run pretty much commando, er, default. Other than that, a hard crash sounds weird for that kind of activity. Flash is always buggy though.
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

Firefox. Same setup i've been running with forever. Problems just started recently.
      sigpic

Comment

Have you updated your flash lately? That gave me some issues not too long ago.

Comment

Yes Minion I have updated everything plugged into firefox. I thought the same thing as you, flash did need an update. I updated everything. It just freezes when I'm on youtube or any website with a lot of fancy script, facebook, quakelive etc. Lots of flash content. Seems to be random really, like flash elements just overload it and boom , I have to reset.

I dunno, fresh install coming soon...
          sigpic

Comment

I had trouble a while back and uninstalled ff and deleted the folder it left behind then reinstalled,it fixed my issue.
            sigpic

Comment

I believe a reformat should be done every six months whether its needed or not.... but I also clean my garage at the same pace whether IT needs it or not too.... so its possible I have an OCD issue.
              Something Clever Goes Here

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|YellowDog
                I believe a reformat should be done every six months whether its needed or not.... but I also clean my garage at the same pace whether IT needs it or not too.... so its possible I have an OCD issue.
                no you are correct, it's just reformatting is a pain sometimes. If you use disk imaging and proper backups though it's a snap. I don;t use disk imaging nor do I do proper backups so... yeah.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|YellowDog

I hear ya YD...I am the same damn way with my underwear and socks. Every six months needed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~CheeZmonZter
                    I hear ya YD...I am the same damn way with my underwear and socks. Every six months needed or not.
                    Wow,after only six months,you definately have OCD,mine can go a year,then climb in the washer,add soap,and wash themselves.
                    In Memory of Anna Dixon
                    Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Do they make it out or do they just dissolve?

Comment

I'm sure YD drags his ass across the carpet more often than every six months. I'd just hate to be his old lady and have to squeeze those anal glands every week or so. Yuck!
                        "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

Fire Fox 4 is about to be released,many fixes that may help.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freak
                            Fire Fox 4 is about to be released,many fixes that may help.
                            here's hoping
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X