need suggestions for new gaming build plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need suggestions for new gaming build plz

I am trying to build a gaming rig somewhat cheap.

I need suggestions on a cpu,mobo and video card, sound card .
    ( currently I have a quad q6600 4 gig ddr amd hd 6570, windows 7.)

I ordered an old x-fi gamer for 20 bux for the eax mostly and gonna try to get it to work with windows 7. Outside of an xfi card whats best current sound card for positioning in games?

I was looking at the amd 6300 for 100 bux. My brother says intel is a better buy. what do you guys think is a best bang for buck cpu? I was thinking for the video card maybe a geforce 750 ti since it uses very little power and my current power supply might be able to be transferred.Power supplys are cheap though so its not a big issue could go with an rx260, 265, or a rx270 or other?

Thanks for any replies...
    system specs
    q6600 quad core 2.4 gightz
    4 gigs ram , 128 ssd
    ati 6570 i think
    windows 7

Mostly I am undecided on the cpu.. If i can figure that out I will know what mobo, ram and vid card to get but im open to suggestions.
    system specs
    4 gigs ram , 128 ssd
    ati 6570 i think
    windows 7

Comment

Justa,

I'm personally an Intel guy, but I won't talk smack about AMD because they make a fine CPU as well. What I would like to recommend is watching the "email deals" at Newegg.com, I have seen some great prices on components or component bundles to make up a pretty sweet PC lately for a very good price. the link to the email deals is below.

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail...x-landing.aspx

Comment

If your going on the cheap, usually what i do is look for sales of barebones systems. Case/PSU/mobo/CPU and maybe some ram or gpu bundled together.

IMHO AMD is the best bang for your buck, both in CPUs and GPUs. I like Intel too tho, if you can find a good sale, go for it. Depends on the video card really, as AMD now owns ATI. So if you go with intel CPU, prolly should get an nvidia GPU.

IMO AMD/ATI hardware is best but drivers can be problematic. Whereas Nvidia's drivers/software is better but their hardware isn't any better spec wise than ATI. Again depends on what mobo you get and what chipset works best with what video card.

I use:

www.newegg.com

www.tigerdirect.com

www.cyberpowerpc.com

They usually have good prices and good barebones systems.

I personally use AMD CPUs and GPUs and Asus motherboards.
        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Here's one i found on tigerdirect, not too pricey. and it comes with alot, quad core 3.8 FX chip is nice Just pick out a good video card and ur set.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...979&CatId=7718

Also, the old XFI cards might give you trouble with EAX and ut2k4. Win7 just broke my XFI card because win7 doesn't use directsound anymore, it uses OpenAL. THis may cause your sound to shift positional audio. There is a work around, if it happens to you i can help. TRy 5.1 in creative setting and windows setting first, if you have 5.1 headset of course, and see if it works like it should and did in XP. Then again, it might just be my old card is broken .
          Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
          sigpic

Comment

I am an AMD guy and I found this MB/CPU combo for today only and would be an awesome start to a new rig that will run anything. Thinking about getting it myself just not sure if I am ready to retire my x6 yet

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=M69-00123
            Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Cousin_Itt View Post
              I am an AMD guy and I found this MB/CPU combo for today only and would be an awesome start to a new rig that will run anything. Thinking about getting it myself just not sure if I am ready to retire my x6 yet

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=M69-00123
              New egg has it cheaper

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819113284
              system specs
              4 gigs ram , 128 ssd
              ati 6570 i think
              windows 7

Comment

So really no solution to positional audio then? The x-fi seems to be working well so far. Although I have it set for 2.1 as I dont have a working head set atm and its playing out of all 5.1 speakers.
                system specs
                4 gigs ram , 128 ssd
                ati 6570 i think
                windows 7

Comment

You found the cpu cheaper but it was with a good mb too? All SB products are good but win7 did not help. If you are building new gaming rig to run everything I do suggest win8 with SB products, or go back to XP. I run a Z series card myself and Zen runs an x-fi if my alcohol soaked brain can recall. Most members run on board sound though....win8 supports SB as far as I can see but win7 ulti went all haywire one me with SB drivers. My card uses true 5.1.
                  Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

Ditto what the others have said about the bundle deals at Newegg and TigerDirect as well as Microcenter if you have one close by.

This is a site that Non posted a while back that is really helpful when building a PC. Pick out the level of awesomeness you can afford and it gives suggestions on what to look at (with links to them)

http://www.logicalincrements.com/
                    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys I will check everything out .
                      system specs
                      4 gigs ram , 128 ssd
                      ati 6570 i think
                      windows 7

Comment

Intel or amd, it does not really matter, both will do well. If cost is a factor i would suggest AMD over intel.
                        I would most definitely take Zens advice and get a bare-bone system. Find a cpu and motherboard combo in your price range. When making a choice, make sure the motherboard supports the speed of ram you want and how many expatiation ports you are going to want or need and look at the mother board over the cpu. I have the same cpu posted above by cousin itt,my first AMD system and not disappointed with it.

Comment

thx minus
                          system specs
                          4 gigs ram , 128 ssd
                          ati 6570 i think
                          windows 7

Comment

Working...
                          X