New Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Monitor

I upgraded to a new 24" Dell Ultrasharp U2415. My game setup has two monitors and I also use both for work connected to my laptop docking station. The old setup had 2 DVI-D, 1 Displayport, and 1 analog VGA cable connections to get everything working (total of 4 connections).

The new monitor supports Displayport 1.2 with Multistream and has multiple Displayport inputs (no VGA or DVI). This allows me to connect just one Displayport cable from my game PC and one from my laptop dock to the new monitor. From that monitor you connect a displayport cable directly to the second monitor in a daisy chain configuration and adjust the settings in the first monitor to recognize it. It makes for a much cleaner looking setup without the bulky DVI or analog cables. If I decide to add another monitor I can just connect it in the chain and the PC/laptop will drive it (up to 4 I believe).

Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Nice!

Comment

Very nice Blues. I've checked out the Dell Ultrasharps before (it was a while ago so I am sure they are much better now) but even back then they had pretty good specs on them. What is the max resolution you can get out of it?
      sigpic

Comment

1920x1200 which is 16:10 aspect ratio. Most of the monitors on the market are 16:9 which is fine for widescreen movies but not so much for spreadsheets and other office applications. That extra space at the bottom (or top) of the screen is great! Games play fine although the response time (6ms) isn't as good as some others on the market. It's also pre-calibrated at the factory so the color palette is good for those using it for graphics work.

Comment

....Blues this time next year.

Man this really makes me want a new monitor ... or three.

Comment

Why stop there.......

Comment

Well, that escalated quickly.

Comment

One of the guys I work with has a saying about money, sex, and horsepower.....

-Some is good.....

-More is better......

-Too much is just enough.

I think the same thing applies to monitors

Comment

I've got 6 23" ASUS LED monitors on my desk. It's messy still, so no photos yet.

Comment

Ok... so I bit the bullet today and upgraded my monitors as well. One of my old Viewsonic 22" was acting weird and dimming out, so I figured it was time anyway.

I ended up buying 2 - BenQ XL2430T 144 Hz 1 ms 24" monitors. Boy! Just the change from LCD to LED made a world of difference, and the 144 Hz seems easier on the old eyes. I'll see how it works out in the game tonight, so far I'm very pleased.

http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2430t

Comment

Working...
                    X