Mouse Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Pads

A while back I stumbled onto this company that makes high performance mouse surfaces. They are made of a woven fiberglass material with a Teflon coating and available in three types and in a variety of sizes. The surface is unbelievable, with virtually no drag at all.

1.) Rubber cushion backed similar to the old fashioned generic mouse pads.
    2.) Thin silicone backed which is SUPER thin (ten thousands of an inch which is about as thick as 2 sheets of paper). It stays in place well but you need to be careful about the edges coming up and wrinkling/creasing.
    3.) Adhesive backed, with is less than half as thick as the silicone backed pad! This is challenging to stick down to your desktop (unless maybe you've had some experience with installing window films), but it stays in place like no other mouse surface on the market and doesn't move at all.

https://catalog.cshyde.com/category/c4-ngen-mousepads

If you buy one of these, don't write on it, or on a piece of paper that is on top of it. The Teflon surface will dent from the pen point pressing against the surface. I'm using a 16"x16" self adhesive style. I had some issues sticking it to the desk and have a few air bubbles in the middle, but it still works fine.

Blues
    Last edited by HTM~Bluesman; 07-15-2018, 10:59 PM.
    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

I've always used a Big Chief condom stretched over a silicone cutting board. Seems to work ok and the cutting board acts like a shoe stretcher for the condom providing a better fit when I use it for something else. "wink".
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~BullyBob View Post
      I've always used a Big Chief condom stretched over a silicone cutting board. Seems to work ok and the cutting board acts like a shoe stretcher for the condom providing a better fit when I use it for something else. "wink".
      Since the U.S. Patent number on the box is a six digit number I take it that it's been a while eh Bob?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Chief.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	58742

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
        Since the U.S. Patent number on the box is a six digit number I take it that it's been a while eh Bob?
        Haha. It has been a while man. I can remember only two things about wearing a condom, I could only get one on halfway and they cut off my circulation terribly.

BTW-Nice pad Blues.
        "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

I use Fiskars cutting surfaces, they come in just about any size you would want and to me they provide the perfect amount of resistance.

Comment

Working...
          X