Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mouse recommendations

So... broke my main mouse last night.
    I have a spare buts not one I would prefer to use. (Logitech g602)

I was using the Corsair M65 pro rgb.

I think the Corsair is considered a claw feel.

Any suggestions to consider?
    Last edited by FuryofFive; 05-08-2020, 07:13 AM.

I use the Logitech G700s, personally, so far has been my favorite mouse.
    In Memory of Anna Dixon
    Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~olde_tymer View Post
      I use the Logitech G700s, personally, so far has been my favorite mouse.
      I have used many Logitech and had mostly good experiences. I used a MX518 for years. so i like that design. they "re-released" the 518 design.
      wired/wireless, doesnt really matter to me. not trying to spend above like maybe $70. I think i paid around $50 for the corsair

I saw the G203, basic gaming mice. has all the guts of a high-end mouse. Just the shape looks very round.
      Last edited by FuryofFive; 05-08-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I went through 3 MX518s.. i loved those. I am currently using a G903 and have had no issues.

Comment

If you liked the Corsair, why not get another one. Amazon carries the M65 Elite in stock. The have some M65 RGB's too but those are reburbs.

Here's the link to the Elite:

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-M65-E...8996460&sr=8-1

Mouse preference is very subjective. I happen to use a fingertip grip so I like a slightly shorter, lighter mouse. Right now I'm on my third Logitech G9, but it it no longer made so I will be looking for a replacement soon. I've been looking at a Glorious model 0 which is super light, Pixart 6630 sensor, and omron switches. About $49 so not ridiculously expensive.
          Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

I did like the Corsair. But felt there were some things about it that were meh. Placement of the cord. Not to mention the newer Logitech sensor claims 0 smoothing and 0 acceleration. This Corsair doesn’t make those claims. Not to mention the better ips. I’m looking at the g900 or it’s successor g903. Is wireless but had the cord to charge or just become corded as needed.

Comment

somebdoy here...I think it was Lethal, turned me on to the Razer Basilisk and I love it....wasn't a razer fan when their drivers were shit, but looks like they worked that out....perfect fit for my weird ass grip too. The wired version though...the wireless one called the Hyperspeed...not a huge fan as betteries run down pretty fast and it has a power save feature that kicks in sometimes if you are stationary for too long and takes a second to relaunch...pita imo. Had they made (or make) a rechargeable version of it so they can do away with that aspect, that would be better
              I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

I liked the m65 at first, i think the elite is just an updated version of the m65 pro. The placement of the cord always felt a bit off to me. If you notice from the pictures. its the left front instead of center front.
                I'm eyeballing this one at the moment.
                https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/prod...uct-tech-specs

They stock it at my local target. Figure ill order it at a store in case its not what i had in mind. Cant go to a best buy due to the current circumstances. For now ill suck it up and keep using this G602. Not the worst mouse, but only 500hz polling rate instead of 1000, and im sure there is some mouse smoothing/acceleration going on.

Comment

Heard some good things about Bloody mice as well. They seem to have a LOT of different styles to choose from.

https://www.bloody.com/en/products.php?pid=10

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
                    somebdoy here...I think it was Lethal, turned me on to the Razer Basilisk and I love it....wasn't a razer fan when their drivers were shit, but looks like they worked that out....perfect fit for my weird ass grip too. The wired version though...the wireless one called the Hyperspeed...not a huge fan as betteries run down pretty fast and it has a power save feature that kicks in sometimes if you are stationary for too long and takes a second to relaunch...pita imo. Had they made (or make) a rechargeable version of it so they can do away with that aspect, that would be better
                    The Basilisk has a 450 IPS which is good for the twitch gameplay of UT. has 1000hz polling rate.

as for the wireless, Basilisk X Hyperspeed, i want a wireless mouse personally. I know the massive dislike amongst the community. But if the price is the same, im ok with that. i dont play competitively so i dont care much about that aspect. I cant find the polling rate though for this one.

Im gonna do some searching on those two though. I actually had written razer off for the longest time. Reading about poor QC. would you say they have changed that?

edit - i found the polling rate, tis 1000 on the wireless. the price point is crazy affordable too. $60 on amazon.im gonna watch some reviews and whatnot, but i think im leaning towards the Wireless razer.
                    Last edited by FuryofFive; 05-09-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Been looking at the Roccat mice as well. They have a new wireless gaming mouse with 1,000hz polling and 400IPS. Not a lot of gimmicky stuff other than the lighting and even that is pretty subdued.

https://en.roccat.org/Mice/Kain-200-AIMO

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Bluesman View Post
                        Been looking at the Roccat mice as well. They have a new wireless gaming mouse with 1,000hz polling and 400IPS. Not a lot of gimmicky stuff other than the lighting and even that is pretty subdued.

https://en.roccat.org/Mice/Kain-200-AIMO
                        I’m going deep down the rabbit hole. I’m now leaning towards the basilisk v2. Claims 650 IPs and optical button switches. I did some googling on that, instead of button switch being pressed, it has a light sensor that when passed through actuates. It’s supposed to help with accidentally double clicking. Still wired, but performance is key overall. I’m not ready to spend $130 for the wireless incarnation, but $80 isn’t too bad.

Comment

So I decided to go with the Basilisk v2. Ordered it and it should arrive Wednesday. With tax, came out to about $85. Higher than I would have liked, but less than $100. Hopefully with the optical mouse switches and higher IPS, this all hold me over for at least 2+ years
                          Last edited by FuryofFive; 05-10-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Soo I totally overlooked the deathadder v2. Has all the same tech just with different design and it’s lighter. Will continue the search

Comment

Some interesting info on mouse specifications and marketing.

https://steelseries.com/blog/the-cpi-lie-18

https://steelseries.com/blog/why-lat...destroy-you-27

https://steelseries.com/blog/quest-f...-1-tracking-35

Comment

Working...
                              X