Having trouble playing CD's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble playing CD's?

If you play CD’s on your Windows machine and you’ve ever put a Sony CD in you may have been “infected” with Sony’s invasive DRM software XCP. To find out, choose Run and type “cmd /k sc query $sys$aries” without the quotes of course.

If the response is “STATE: 4 RUNNING” you have the software. If you see instead “The specified service does not exist…” then you’re clean.

My machine is clean. I run all music on my Mac, which is not vulnerable to this software. I bought a Sony music CD recently that my Mac would just not recognize (spin-up, spit out) and I suspect that it had this software on it. Glad I didn’t put it in my PC.
    r3m3MB3r... J00'R3 n07 901n9 70 4M0UN7 70 j4k_5kW@

Bellingham, WA Photographer
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

i read a very long thing about that. all i can say is im glad i dont buy cds.

sony is a pos company for endangering their customers' privacy. I can see it from their side, but a root kit???? thats horrible.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Parlatz
      i read a very long thing about that. all i can say is im glad i dont buy cds.

sony is a pos company for endangering their customers' privacy. I can see it from their side, but a root kit???? thats horrible.
      agreed..thx for the reminder Jak.

Comment

Working...
      X