Mouse advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse advice

Ok...I'm just fed up with logitech mice. In the last 6 months I've went through (2) mx510's and (3) mx518's with the same failure with each mouse,the right mouse button fails. I also have an mx500 I use here at work that had a right switch fail that I ended up doing electronic surgery on and replaced the switch with an older model and it seems ok.

I'm just sick of this poor excuse for a "pro gaming mouse" i just ordered a Diamondback Plasma LE and was wondering if anyone out there uses this mouse or one similar by Razer?

I've had two MX510's fail with the same right button in the past 6-months also. I'm on an MX518 right now and it seems to be holding - a couple months. Thanks for the link Min. If this one fails I'll be voting with my wallet also.
    r3m3MB3r... J00'R3 n07 901n9 70 4M0UN7 70 j4k_5kW@

Bellingham, WA Photographer
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

Comment

I guess I'm lucky. The only issue my mx700 has is that the factory paint job is almost gone. :lol:

Comment

I have an mx700 as well as an mx900 but prefer to use the "corded" brethren, however something tells me the micro switches are all the same. :roll:

Maybe I just use too much pressure when the battle gets heated..I did crack that one mouse. ops:

But why is it never the LEFT microswitch?

Comment

Buy a new 518 then take two valium(or other chill pills)kick back relax and enjoy, lol. My 518 is going on 6 months or so,just a slight worn spot on the left click.Hmmm, too many rockets I guess.
          sigpic

Comment

I've got a Compac Rechargeable Wireless Mouse and I don't remember which one it was, but mine is grey and black with 5 buttons

Anyways, I've used it for like 16/17 months with no issues

Comment

I've had my cheapo $25 mouse for almost a year now. It's a Logitech iClick (I think). No problems here. I hate Micro$haft mice; my first mouse that came with the pc broke in less than 4 moths.
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

Anyone try this one yet? http://grandtec.com/vim.html

Says its indestrucible, but it looks more like the drinkers companion. :roll:
                B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

My luck it uses logitech microswitches... :roll:

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if the laptop on the deck and the mouse in the pool would work this summer.lol
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't really care what kind of mouse I have. I started with a microsoft mouse, until my dad got a 518 and I got his 510. Then Monk bought him a G5 for christmas and I have my dad's old 518 now. I haven't had any problems with any of my mice, I just think y'all play too much UT. (Sounds Impossible) If I did buy my own mouse though, I'd probably by a cheap logitech, 2 button mouse. Had one a very long time ago, and never had trouble with it.

Word of advice, don't listen to people who nurse poo.

Comment

I thought this "vertical" mouse was interesting...

http://www.evoluent.com/vmouse2.html

Comment

That looks cool. Might be easier for you to crush though :wink:
                          B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

I thought I would check back in after using this razer mouse for a bit and share my thoughts.

Looks real sweet in the dark.

I has NEVER enabled it's "on the fly" sensetivity adjustment by itself ( I had big issues with my logitech with and without the software installed)

Plays very smooth and accurate..of course I changed mousepads at the same time and this may be more pad related.

Dislikes:

It is shorter than a logitech though and sometimes I have issues using the buttons on the side.

Has buttons on right side as well as left. I'm not used to this and sometimes I hit those buttons even though they are not bound to anything yet, it feels weird.

Comment

hmm iv had the same mx510 for 6 months now, still works great :P
                              Hyjynx: Playful, often noisy and rowdy activity, usually involving mischievous pranks

Comment

Working...
                              X