New one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just upgraded my AMD64 3400+ with CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory.I set the timing and voltage in the bios,no dual channel. This is what I come up with.I have an A-Open AK86-L board.Any ideas?

Type : DDR-SDRAM PC2600
    Frequency : 159.5 MHz
    FSB/RAM Multiplier : CPU/15x
    Supported Channels : Dual
    Activated Channels : Single
    ECC Diagnostic : No
    CAS Latency (tCL) : 2 clocks
    RAS to CAS (tRCD) : 3 clocks
    RAS Precharge (tRP) : 3 clocks
    Cycle Time (tRAS) : 6 clocks
    Bank Cycle Time (tRC) : 10 clocks
    DRAM Idle Timer : 16 clocks
    sigpic

That is the RAM I'm running, but I haven't tweaked it any at all. It's faster than heck just doing the "plug-n-play" thing.

I haven't tried to OC with it at all yet, but I know it has the ability to perform.

Comment

I read up on the ram alittle before I bought and corsair recomended setting the timing and voltage.If I hadn't read that article I'm sure I"d of just done the p-n-p. I do notice a big difference the way it is. I'd like to have the dual channel,kindda felt like thats what I payed for. lol I can't seem to find anything in the bios and I have changed the ram on diff. slots,this board only has 3.
      sigpic

Comment

Guess I should have read up on the mother board too, doesn't support dual channel. lol
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X