Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Print Server

Ok, so I am new to these forums, but I do luv ur servers! :lol:

However... I'm glad you guys are "tech friendly" and could possibly provide some much needed help.

I was hoping someone with "Wireless Print Server" experience could help (big surprise eh?). Time for the setup:

Cable Modem ----> wireless router ----->
    a) Lan Computer
    b) Wireless Laptop
    c) Wired/Wireless Print Server ----> Printer

Now I've set the print server up to print wirelessly and that works (finally, effen piece of sheet). However, it will not print wirelessly when the RJ-45 connector is in (wired). So it seems the stupid thing is either wired or wireless, not both! I can print from the Lan Computer when it is in "wired" mode and I can print from the Laptop when in "wireless" mode (the difference is the RJ-45 cord being plugged in or not).

Here's the official spec's on it Linksys Wireless Print Server . Now it says that it can connect both wired and wirelessly... am I reading that wrong?

The last option I have would be to find a USB splitter, that could take the USB cord from the printer and split it to both the Wireless Print Server and the Lan Computer.... Do those exist?

Help! I beg of thee. Relinquish my anguish of thyne pwn misery. Is it better to have lost my mind searching for the right solution or nobler of the mind to read more of Jak_Squat's Shakespear. Tis not!

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you
    are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain

I WANNA DIP MY BALLS IN IT

___ = wire --- = wireless

PC_____Router------Printer
    ..................|
    ..................|
    ..................|
    Laptop------

wouldnt this setup work?

(Ignore the dots).

PS - I hate Linksys; they say easy setup, but that has never been the case with me. If you could, go d-link.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

That is how it's set up now... and the laptop can wireless to the printer through the print server... but the wired computer can't communicate through the router to the printer through the print server....

even though it should find it through the network, the lan computer can't find the wireless print server... nor the printer that is connected thus

(confusing yet?)

i've tried setting up static ip's for all the machines/hardware in use...
      • Lan Computer 192.168.1.1
      • Router 192.168.1.2
      • Laptop 192.168.1.3
      • Print Server 192.168.1.4

All i did was take the ips that were automatically assigned and made them permanent through the router, yet it makes no difference.... I got it to print wirelessly last night and considered that a victory in it's own right. I'll try seeing if it shows up on the network (same workgroup and everything) and see if I can't force some fudge down it's throat until it does what I want it to do... (pretty authoritative - eh?)

Comment

hmmmm...ill look into that

Comment

Maybe this link will help?

http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.p...=viewforum&f=5

Looks like plenty of links with problems similar to yours, the gist of the ones I looked at seemed to be that you can have wireless OR wired printing, not wireless AND wired? I don't have any experience with print servers, but linksysinfo.org has answered my Linksys questions before...
          'Would you like to play a game?' - WOPR

Comment

Originally posted by Linksys can suck my salty balls
            The WPS54G and its sibling the WPS54GU2 does not support simutaneous Wired and Wireless Connections.
            well... it seems my question has been answered.... Thanks!

now... i have some problems finding good pron... any help :P

(j/k)

Comment

i have a few...just pm me if u really want some... lol :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll: 8)

Comment

Working...
              X