HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!

Reinstalled my Windows XP yesterday,now my comp continues to reboot over and over from the loading screen.When I first install,everything works fine,but after putting a few programs on there,and having to restart,it just keeps rebooting.Will let me get on in safe mode,but thats the only way.Changed vid cards,removed memory,and tried it a stick at a time,even changed hard drives,nothing works.Anyone with any ideas,I would appreciate the input.Am going through UT withdrawals,aaaaaarrrrgggggghhhhh.
    In Memory of Anna Dixon
    Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

I've had this prob many times, here is what I do first.

How to Repair XP
    Boot up with the XP CD in the drive and let Setup run. Go past the first "R" repair option by pressing Enter just as if you're doing a clean install and you'll eventually come to an option to "Repair an existing installation". Select this one.

Hope this helps, I'll dig through my old notes I make when I have probs and find solutions for any other possibilities.

Comment

Here is one that might help to track down the prob,

There are a number of STOP errors which could be caused by defective I/O drivers and/or hardware that can cause rebooting of the computer if the option to automatically restart after an error is chosen. You can turn off this option in normal mode (or perhaps safe mode, if you cannot get into normal mode) as follows: To turn off the auto-restart after a serious error, so that you can read off details of the error from the screen: right click My Computer, select Properties from the context menu, click on the Advanced tab, then click Settings under Startup and Recovery, and remove the check mark next to Automatic Restart.

This will turn off the automatic restart on error option, so that you will be able to see the error message when you get the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).

Ch33rs!

Comment

Thanx,am up again on a fresh install,keep ur fingers crossed,I know I am.
        In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Is it doing ok now Old Timer?

Comment

No,same problem.I reinstalled the version you told me to,Assraker,still having the same problem,though.After about the third or fourth restart,it will only go as far as the boot up screen,then will just continue to reboot over and over.It will let me start up in safe mode,though.I've tried replacing all the hardware,except for the cpu and mobo.As new as they are,I just can't except that they'd be bad.Thought I might have a virus on the hd,but I changed it,and still the same problem.Maybe I should just take it out back and frag it?Could be an option.Ever seen a grown man cry?aaaaaaa
            In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Catch me on TS tonight & we'll try to figure it out.

Comment

Well,so I seem to have the problem beat.It was 1 of two things,we found some wrong settings in the bios,and I replaced my power supply with a larger 1 at the same time.Really thing it was the Bios settings,though.
                In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

corrupted BIOS' are a pain in the ass to fix
                  The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

Wow...I'm late for this one. I hope you have it all figured out OT, but I'm curious as to how your bios settings changed during a reinstall?

Comment

Well,Minion,I'm a dumb a**,and went into my bios,and reset it to default.What happened was ,instead of looking for an AGP vid card,it was looking for an IDE.Kept shutting down,and would only run in safe mode.Ah,the things you learn with your first real computer.

Oh,and thanks to Raker,and Banana for the input.
                      In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

My bio's change to default everytime I crash this thing.Most of my crash's were do to the power supply,after awhile it started doing the reboot thing too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X