• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Hemi Challenger vs Shelby Supersnake

Here ya go Freak.

http://www.motorator.com/videos/631
    sigpic

WHY RENT WHEN YOU CAN OWN! - HTM~UnH!nged, 2008

Too cool,the automatic sucked though.Llike to see it with the stock shelby stang & the stock hurst challenger.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah, overheated the car, if you've ever been to willow springs.....it's as hot as Phoenix, AZ when they said 115 heat, they weren't kidding....so overheat, pull out of the throttle, mustwang wins

Comment

Seems that the challenger was ill-equipped to handle the tests. Who builds an automatic supercharged? That must be be beefy transmission. Soon as I saw that torque spec I knew the 'stang would take it, you can't keep all that torque on the road with those tires.

Mustang wins: less weight, better tires apparently lol.
        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
        sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that Chrysler didn't offer a manual gearbox with the Challenger. I haven't heard anything about the Hurst Challenger lately. Don't know if Obama killed it or not.

The problem with superchargers in high temps is heat soak, once the intercooler loses the ability to cool the intake, performance takes a huge hit and the risk of detonation becomes a very real danger.
          sigpic

Comment

They didn't offer a manual trans? OMGWTFBBQ?
            sigpic

Comment

Nope, no manual tranny from the factory. I did see one at a car show that had a stick, but never found the owner to find out what they put in it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Night_Ranger View Post
                Nope, no manual tranny from the factory. I did see one at a car show that had a stick, but never found the owner to find out what they put in it.
                Stupid though,that motor wasn't a challenger option either so why not throw a 6 speed in her. Builders option I guess,they just did a better job all the way around on the stang.
                sigpic

Comment

FYI:
                  Supersnake is a Shelby upgrade for the GT 500 and only 1,000 units per year will be built. The cost for the upgrade is $32k, not including shipping.

And after talking to one of the Mustang club members that has one, no I'm not planning on it. He said he could be running 90 mph and just pat the gas and it would break loose.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Night_Ranger
                    He said he could be running 90 mph and just pat the gas and it would break loose.
                    Sounds like my 56 Chev, on the freeway doing burnouts at 75 mph was always fun

Comment

Wonder if they are doing a Saleen version of the Shelby,they were really good at setting up suspension for the track.

They do exist,or at least 1 does.
                      http://www.spike.com/video/2009-hurst/3096688

And wish I could afford to do this.

http://www.spike.com/video/twin-supercharged/3133058

Seems they are in production.
                      http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/19/h...ge-challenger/
                      sigpic

Comment

700+ BHP just sounds dangerous, more for bragging rights than anything. You would almost have to race it if you did the upgrade. I don't even want to think about the gas costs. I think 500 BHP is nasty enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

Most car clubs also have drag nights once a year to go with show & shine cruises.We're not talking daily drivers here.I've seen 1700 ponies at 1 show & he did cruise it,believe the motor was built for a funny car.I was a member of a firebird club,alas I sold the 74 bird when I moved out here with Teresa.
                          sigpic

Comment

firebird, eh?

well here's one SIK 70 GTO for ya heh

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrgyfjJg3s[/media]

and for the camaro lovers out there:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4350R8rfBCo[/media]

enjoy!
                            -----

ScRiPt3r aka W@RpY aka WTF\ever aka Fl@cWh0r3 aka Player174a.c2 aka Fr33_Adr3n aka ...

oh hell..

just call me Ale.E.Ass3r!

Comment

I didn't realize the Hurst Challenger was a post title upgrade. That's good, that means Obama can't kill it like he did with the Z28. From what I saw of the upgrades, that's prolly gonna be another $20k or so added to the price.

Steve Saleen has sold his company and can't even use his own name anymore. However, he has started a new company SMS Supercars and yes he is building Mustangs again as well as the S7. They're pricy as hell, but they have more power than the Saleen Mustangs. Another really cool thing is that SMS Supercars is honoring the warranties of Saleen Mustangs, since the holding company that bought Saleen can't. He's not doing it because he has to, but because he wants to look out for those that were loyal to the Saleen brand.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X