No announcement yet.

Pretty Good Guitar pickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been listening to a few newer players recently........

Andy Wood

Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

So Blues, what is your favorite genre of music? Or do you have several genre's you like?

Some of my favorite guitar players are John Petrucci (all-time favorite), Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Jeremy Dixon, players like that
      sigpic

Comment

I like a lot of different styles of music. Obviously Blues, but also Jazz, Rock, Classical, and a little country and Bluegrass thrown in as well. I enjoy a lot of the singer songwriter stuff too. For me I tend to like music that is either well executed technically or that invokes a mood viscerally. Metal is not a huge favorite but I do listen to it on occasion especially those that are really great musicians. Never enjoyed Rap or Hip Hop but to me that genre seems to be more about attitude than technical content. Not to say it isn't hard to do, just isn't my thing.

Favorite guitarists?........Eric Johnson is amazing, Steve Vai too but damn what an ego, Guthrie Govan, Andy Timmons, Joe Bonnamassa, Walter Trout, Ben Woolman, Dimebag, Andy McKee, Billy McLaughlin, Stanley Jordan, Chet Atkins, and of course Michael Hedges (RIP).

Comment

Hopefully once my album is finally completed, you'll add my name to the list
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Guy's good, like his guitar too.
              “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
              ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

He's good yes... I like his vocals as well... but... I could have done without the beating on the guitar. Had he done it throughout the whole song it would have made the start and finish more appropriate especially since he played the same chords over and over. Just my opinion.

Comment

This kid is only like 20 years old. Not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzgTMh21zhI

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL2uxleV0oE

Comment

https://youtu.be/EvBf-i3q8SY

Comment

Kinda long version of the song but amazing improv guitar licks......The big man can play!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HifQvKEiWkc

Comment

Tommy Emmanuel plays the Beatles. One of the best guitar players I've seen.

Comment

Here's an old 1997 concert with Eric Johnson at the House of Blues.

Comment

Well, hell, you can never go wrong with a little Eric Johnson.
                              In Memory of Anna Dixon
                              Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X